So the 5 went back into the shop.

SLOWALKER

:
Mazda5
You won't believe why! I don't believe why honestly!

The GD gas cap would not come off.(eek2) I was not happy (dark). This was saturday afternoon so saturday night the wife had to drop off the 5 and drive to the Tim Mcgraw concert in a new Mazda3.

As of this morning the 5 is all fixed and they installed a new updated gas cap. Apparently there is a difference in the thread pitch but this is not a common problem. The updated caps are actually due to check engine lights from vapor leaking around the gas cap.

Just thought I would share.(flash)

Man, sorry to read that, I hope it is the end of the issues. Some free miles in a Mazda3 at least, but I hear you, my 06 was hit by the 1st recall (exhaust) and my 2 month old car spend 6 weeks parked at the dealer (yes parked while the new exhaust arrived) as they were instructed not to let the owners drive it...

Not happy except the 3000+ miles I put on the MPV loaner :D

Its a brand new 08 I bought in March. According to my salesmen a number of 3's have had the same problem with gas caps. I filled out a survey about the service. I suggested they look at their parts suppliers. A gas cap and a thermostat going bad in 3 months is poor quality for a brand new car. My 06 Kia Rio has had 0 issues in 2 years. For a car company that many would consider to be at the bottom my Rio's record is better then my 5 already with no unexpected returns to the dealership.

After 6 weeks, I had the frustrating Gas Cap problem... not a good sign for a brand new car.

(It broke and had it replaced)

I had a similar problem with my new 08.5 Speed3. I felt like a total idiot at the gas station struggling to get the stupid gas cap off. i finally got it off and filled it up. I then put it on and took it off a couple of times and it worked alright so i figured i was just an idiot (which still may be the case). At least now i don't feel too bad in that it may be a parts problem and not an operator problem.

Sounds to me like Mr. 5 refused to go to a tim mcgraw concert. Sounds like my kind of 5.

mazda is aware of the issue, its like the purge solenoids and everything else that went wrong all made by bosh. They went away from them and now have a different company for fuel filler necks, fuel caps, purge solenoids, ect. All new 09 and up models SHOULD have less problems

Bosch..

Sounds about right. All my Saab problems were Bosch related. LOL(rofl2)

mazda is aware of the issue, its like the purge solenoids and everything else that went wrong all made by bosh. They went away from them and now have a different company for fuel filler necks, fuel caps, purge solenoids, ect. All new 09 and up models SHOULD have less problems

Back