HID Head Lights for 2008 Mazda 3 Sport

Angus224

i've just got a 2008 mazda 3 sport and i want to put hid head light on it. just wondering which brand is good, what does it have in a hid kit, what do i need to beware and i am not sure if it's H7 or H9

i have an 06' 3 i and i was wondering the same thing. we have h7 bulbs but im unsur how HID's will work with the little black adapter that we have with the headlights.

does anyone have any HID kit reccomendations?

The HID kit I got works great. I have low beam HID's stock, so only had to do my high beams. It was super easy.
The kit itself should include 2 bulbs, 2 ballasts, and all the hardware (screws, zip ties, etc.). It's a simple plug and play kit. You plug the light input into the ballast and the ballast to the bulb and away you go.
The black adapter you speak of - is that the part attached to the bulb? Generally that will come out and the HID bulb just fits right in. If you order the H7 or H9 specific kit it you shouldn't have to worry about it.
Check out your manual to be certain if it's H7 or H9.
You won't really know if the kit is crappy until you buy it, but a good indicator is if it is CE certified (the European certification standard). Or CSA (Canadian standard) or the American equivalent.
Check out my thread for pics of my conversion:
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123705558&highlight=muchdutch

Feel free to PM me for the link to where I got them (I know the supplier). They can get any size HID kits and LED's (even though the website may not be updated) as well if you're interested.

Back