Grinding ABS?

perfecto

:
2006 Mazda 5 GT
What is ABS supposed to feel like? The 5 is the first car that I've had with ABS, and this winter when it actually kicked in, it felt like grinding metal when I pushed the brake pedal down. I didn't feel any "pulsing" like I would have expected.

Kinda feels like warped rotors (pulsing) under normal braking. BUT, if you stomp the brake ( i mean hardcore) it does sound like a grinding wierd sound like you think something is wrong. both my 5's do it, so its normal for our 5's. Its my 1st and 2nd abs car as well (unless you count the old 88 pontiac 6000) so I dont have much to compare it to.

..pink....

Every car I have owned (10 cars in 16 years...yes I know I have a problem...which is why I'm on my 2nd lease) have had ABS. I have taken each car to a large empty parking lot on a dry and wet day, got up to 30 MPH and then slammed on the brakes. Why? So I know how each car reacts to heavy braking. Each ABS system gave back very similar results. Try it out sometime. I make my wife do the same. I don't want the first time she experiences ABS to be during an emergency stop.

Back