rear step pads

Rhon

:
Mazda3 5 Door sTouring, Copper Red Mica
I'm thinking of adding these to the rear bumper. From the looks of them they just stick on with tape? Wonder how long they'll last... Yes, no, maybe...

Comments are most welcome

I have them, they are held on with 2 sided tape.

They don't look the greatest but they're functional, so they're staying on.

Just threw these on Jazzy last Sunday.. Actually, I didn't "just throw them on". I meticulously followed the included instructions for attaching them after having spent the better part of Father's Day afternoon washing and waxing. :D

I'm glad I put 'em on.. I like the way they look (they nicely accent the black trim surrounding the license plate panel) and I like the way that the bumper won't get all marred-up.

After I finished I kicked myself for not taking pictures of the process.. Sorry. Will post some 'after' photos later..

Yeah please I'd like to seem them. What did you have to do to prep bumper? the wife reeeeeeeally wants them added.

Thanks

I have something similar on my CX-7. It has lasted 15 months and 19,000 miles; through temps as high as 105 and as low as -10. I have always taken it through automatic car washes, both touchless and touch. (You don't really have a choice in the winter in WI.)

Shark fin has also had no problem. Just make sure you use something to strip the wax from where the tape will be going.

The kit comes with an alcohol wipe, which I wasn't convinced would strip the wax completely, so I rewashed and dried the area before following the instructions.

Pics tonight. :)

Rear Step Plates

Been on for about a year now - with no problems, and the do save the paint on the rear bumper from getting marked up when your loading/unloading stuff in the hatch. Definetly a good reasonable investment ! (drinks)

Alright, I got them ordered and will pick them up Tuedsay. Once the weather get a little warmer, I'll get them installed. Thanks

Put them on this weekend and wow, you need to be spot on when you mount them. That 3m tape isn't very forgiving...

Wife loves them

Back