Aftermarket DVD system.

mazdabmr

:
2006 BMW X3
I noticed when test driving my first 5, that there is a plastic cover in the ceiling, say where a DVD system would go. Anyone know if that is a prewire for the dealer installed DVD system? I thought I might save the money and install one myself. Has anyone installed an aftermarket overhead system or should I just do the headrest system?

My 06 doesn't have what you're refering to so maybe on yours it is a pre-wire. When I ordered mine, I asked for the DVD system but they (the dealer) said that Mazda had yet to find the perfect flip down DVD player they wanted to install from the factory :(

If you've never installed a flip down before, I suggest just having a reputable shop install it for you. It's always nice to save money and do things yourself but if it's your first time you could end up costing yourself even more money, plus the added cost of ending up having to have a shop install it anyway.

My 08 GT doesn't have a plastic cover in the ceiling either; and I don't think Mazda would prewire every 5 for what amounts to one of the rarest options on the car. It could be that the vehicle came with a DVD and they pulled it to install into another vehicle.

I don't have a picture, but I think after some thought that it is a grommet to hold up the headliner. Ha.

the little plastic pushpins (round and about 3/8" wide with a ring on the outside)?????

LoL.

You had some people questioning their sanity for a moment.

Back