K & N air filter for the 5

What part no. K&N air filter are you guys running? Is it the same as the 3?
Thanks in advance.

Same as the 3. I bought one and installed it a month or so ago. Sounds better...no idea on gas mileage or power as I don't drive much.

Attachments

• Dropin.jpg
    Dropin.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 194
Yes, they are the same as the 3. I had one installed last week that I bought used from the Mazda 3 forum for about $20.00. I also have one installed in my Mazda 3 for over three years now with no problems. I clean and oil it every six months. They have one million miles warranty on K & N filters.

Hmm I dunno if I have extra sensitive ears or not but with my 2003 Toyota Matrix XRS (8100 RPM redline!), 2005 Acura TSX and 2008 Mazda5 I could tell a difference in the sound of the engine in while driving in the upper bands of the tach.

Anyone else experiencing better performance or MPG with it? or just to save the money down the road.

There's no way you can actually notice a difference in power or sound from a drop-in filter.

Well, you might gain 1hp due to a freer flowing mesh, hardly significant.
Most of the people who buy them from me do it to save money...you only have to buy it once.

I have an actual K&N CAI. I DO notice sound and performance differences.

I have had them on Saabs and Toyotas, and did notive an increase in MPG along with better emission results.

Attachments

• A1CAA6EBEFB045DDA7424F12D811768C.jpg
    A1CAA6EBEFB045DDA7424F12D811768C.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 193
Motor was noticably louder on my mustangs with the K&N. Sound was from the front of the car probably from the intake. Breaths more air, more hp, more noise. Breathable material probably doesnt block sound as much as a paper filter=noisier.

My guess. Not a placebo on the noise, its a little louder although not anywhere as dramatic as an exhaust.

Back