Do your lower control arm bushings look like this?

jeebusm3

:
yes
so I had my car up and the wheel off and I was looking at the suspension. The part I circled is "i think" the lower control arm bushing (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Now, I apologize for the lack of focus on it, but you can probably see that it sits at a strange angle. The bushing appears to be a polyurethane type of sorts, it wasn't rubbery to the touch. Because of its strange angle, the bottom of the bushing touches the metal on the sides.

I have a really minor rear suspension crunch noise over speed bumps (that the dealer checked out and said was non-existant and my suspension was 100% ok). To me, it would make sense that these bushings rubbing on the metal would make such a sound, especially since there is no lube in the area.

lcabushing.jpg

is that the rear? is the tire on the ground? what does it look like at normal ride height?

i'm thinking the way everything moves around under there through the suspension travel that it might only look like that when the wheel is off the ground.

It does look strange, but it's supposed to look like that.

I had a really nasty sound coming from the rear on each and every bump, and took the wheel off to investigate. I also thought that the bushing was shot.

Anyways, I took my ride to the dealership, and they told me that the shock absorber was broken and the lower bushing is OK.

Probably looks better at normal height. I don't like how the arm is not centered in the bushing though. I would think that might cause some clearance issues.

Back