5 is Overheating

SLOWALKER

:
Mazda5
The wifes 5 started overheating yesterday, looks like the thermostat is stuck. It is being towed to the dealer this morning, I am hoping it will be repaired quickly. I am having them do the 1st service at the same time, it has less then 2500 miles at the moment but water temps where over 240F. (shocked)

how quickly were you able to catch the overheats? I'd be worried of what damage that may have caused.

how quickly were you able to catch the overheats? I'd be worried of what damage that may have caused.

The wife was driving. She didn't realize there was a problem until the ac cut off and it started blowing hot. (nailbyt) I don't think there is a problem though. When I got to where she was the temp was still acceptable, 240 is high but only about 30 degrees higher then normal if I remember correctly. I drove the 5 the rest of the way watching the temps etc and everything looks good, still ran fine at the house. Only thing I would actually worry about is warping the head. My plan is to do an oil analysis or 2 just to check for any coolant contamination. The dealership should be working on the 5 today.

240 is at the sensor. There could easily be 5-10 degrees hotter spot somewhere. The head is probably your biggest worry. You may get lucky though.

Just got the call its ready to go. Replaced the thermostat and an oil change. It was time for the 1st service since it was free I had them do it.

Back