Install a boost gauge.

Demi

This is fairly easy with a vacuum gauge and would be even easier with an electric one.
Drop your glove box to gain access to the hole in the firewall. You can run it where ever you want, this just seemed the easiest to me. There are two screws under the trim piece to take out, then its just clips. Pull gently and it will all come off. Be sure to unhook your lamp.
DSC00348.jpg

This is what you are after, there is a rubber boot on the engine side, i just poked a hole in it with a knife and fed it through, this will keep it from rubbing on stuff.
DSC00347.jpg

Of course where and how you run the tubing will be different depending on where you are mounting your gauges, but this is how i ran mine. Straight shot from the glove box. For the power I just spliced into the cigarette lighter. I used the lighters ground as well. As I wanted amber all the time for my color twisted the red and orange wires together before splicing them bot to the lighters power. If you want something different the instructions will show you which wire to hook up for the effect youre looking for.
DSC00349.jpg

I ran the line behind the heatshield to try to keep it from melting. There is just barely enough line to do this.
DSC00351.jpg

You can use any vacuum line but i just went with the easy on to get to. I used the one that goes to the BPV/BOV. Just cut it and install the T-fitting. The end with the brass nozzle goes to the gauge. Dont get that mixed up or your BOV may not function.
DSC00350.jpg

Here it is all put together.
DSC00354.jpg

Test everything before you start putting stuff back together.
Fin.
DSC00361.jpg

is there a hole in the firewall near the driver side to use instead? That way I can use a pillar pod on the driver side and run it through a firewall hole over there.

is there a hole in the firewall near the driver side to use instead? That way I can use a pillar pod on the driver side and run it through a firewall hole over there.

the only hole on the driver's side is the hood release latch.
its gonna be really hard to run a couple wires through there.

Yeah you can get it through there from what ive heard, i just havent tried yet. Looking at that side of then engine bay, it looks like a huge PITA, but would be the only way to get a vacuum line to reach the pillar. I dont know a lot about A-pillar airbags, but be careful. Seems like gauges would become projectiles if they deployed. Dont want to be called Boostface for the rest of your life because they cant removed the gauge lol.

Back