AC adaptor plug in trunk, questions and problems

szoom1

Hey guys,

I took a road trip recently and brought my Xbox 360 along planning to pass the time nicely. Plugged it into the trunk and the AUX video inputs. When I turned it on later the screen came on and it began to start the Xbox 360 but then went black. Tried a few more times but appeared no power at all to Xbox 360 after that partial startup the first time. Anyone know whats up? Can the CX9 not supply enough power for the Xbox 360, if not then how about the PS3?

I'm going to be a bit frustrated if my 2008 new car cannot handle the current game systems that have been out for a few years now. Hopefully someone can help.

Thanks!

Found it in my 2008 manual, but just surprised and disappointed. Whats the point of AV inputs and a plug if this new car does not support consoles that are a few years old now. Maybe I could hook a PS1 or something to it but thats a little absurd.

I think you guys are confusing DC 12V amps with 120V AC. That 15 amp rating for the fuse is only 180 watts (12V * 15a). There is presumably some additional loss in in the conversion process.

Reports suggest that the XBox 360 needs in the 175 - 185 watt range. That doesn't leave any headroom on that 15a DC circuit.

Note that in the tests below the Wii only uses about 18 watts; so that will work but the 360 and PS3 are out.

http://www.hardcoreware.net/reviews/review-356-2.htm

-Jeff

Rear Accessory Socket

I'm having a problem with my rear power accessory socket, too. It seemed to work when I first plugged in an inverter, but now, there is no power. The front accessory socket and the one in the console work, but not the rear.

The inverter is rated at an output of 100W @110V. The input is 12-15 VDC at 10- 25 Amps. I can't imagine a cell phone charger would pull that much current.

Regardless, I can't find a fuse for that rear outlet. Is it buried somewhere other than the main fuse panel?

Why don't you read your manual, you MORON? Page 8-47 - 8-48

Heh, heh, heh - I'll reply to my own post:

Because I didn't know there were TWO fuse boxes on the vehicle. When the cover of the interior fuse box lists:

1 OUTLET FR 15A Accessory Socket (Front)

21 OUTLET CTR ― ―
22 OUTLET RR ― ―
But there are no fuses for 21 & 22, I have to guess they all run off fuse 1. Bad guess.

So, my new question: Should a 100W inverter pop a 12VDC15A fuse?

Back