Tire Warranty

Has anyone had to use the tire warranty to get new tires? I have a constant shimmy when driving at speeds more than 30 MPH. As the tires get warmer, the shimmy/shaking goes down...but is still there. This was there when I test drove my car. The dealer balanced the tires, I drove it home (short distance) and it was fine. The shimmy was annoying but because I work at lot I couldn't take it in right away. after 500 miles (almost a month) I took it in. They tech said he couldn't feel anything. I was shocked. I took him for a drive. While driving the 2nd row headrest visibly shake. You can feel the shaking in your rear. He balanced the tires again. Still there. Apparently there was a nail in a tire. He patched it up. I drove away....still there.

Since the shimmying/shaking isn't as bad after about 10 miles I think its a tire issue. How hard is it to get replacement? This shaking wasn't in the very first 5 I drove. I am going to take it to a different dealer and see if they can do anything else.

FWIW my 5 has 823 miles on it when I bought it. It had been through 2 dealer trades. I now have 1800 miles on it.

I think mine was related to flat spotting the tires from sitting. (our car doesn't move everyday)

Raising the air pressure in the tires seems to have solved this problem.

If its very bad I would give them a call or drop them an e-mail, it wouldn't hurt. If they replace them, select a different tire model at least.
http://www.toyo.com/docs/contact.asp

I also realized that this Toyo tire model suffers of cold weather syndrome, but is bearable in my case(s). I'm just so looking forward for them to wear off, at least on the 06 (eyeballs). As a matter of fact the 06 ones have now developed a subtle humming noise (very subtle, I realized only after swapping cars)

My post some time ago. I thought it was the PSIs. It has improved after changing the PSI and now that weather is warmer, but not perfect...
http://www.mazdav.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123698773

OEm tires come with no real warranty unless its a factory defect I believe.

Toyo sells them to mazda for next to nothing, so OEM warranty's are practically non existant.

Back