where to mount aftermarket GPS

:
Mazda5, Acura 1.6EL
Hey Mazda 5 Owners

I am trying to get some ideas where to install an aftermarket GPS unit. If you have pics, that would be awesome. Thanks in Advance.

canadianexpress, well i strated to have mine right under the rear view mirror but at times it got hard to see stuff so this is where i have mine now and i don't think i will change it its a great place for me. here are some pics.

Attachments

• P5100132.JPG
    P5100132.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 600
  • P5100133.JPG
    P5100133.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 409
  • P5100134.JPG
    P5100134.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 427
  • P5100135.JPG
    P5100135.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 435
I know this is probably not the best place to put it but i'm so used to it now....

Attachments

• gps.jpg
    gps.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 499
I got them from ebay, i cant remember how much though, its been almost two years, but now you can try any mazda dealership, just look at the 2008 catalog, its a little different and it has the premacy logo.

California Windshield Rules

I mounted mine on the small window in front of the drivers door window. The suction cups fit perfectly there and I set the mount at a 90 degree angle. The advantage to this location is that you can touch the screen without taking your eyes off the road.

California and Minnesota do not allow anything to be attached with suction cups to the windshield. While I know/see people do it, its one more reason to get pulled over/get a ticket. cfv

Attachments

• window 095.JPG
    window 095.JPG
    395.2 KB · Views: 402
  • window 096.JPG
    window 096.JPG
    490.8 KB · Views: 321
I mounted mine on the small window in front of the drivers door window. The suction cups fit perfectly there and I set the mount at a 90 degree angle. The advantage to this location is that you can touch the screen without taking your eyes off the road.

California and Minnesota do not allow anything to be attached with suction cups to the windshield. While I know/see people do it, its one more reason to get pulled over/get a ticket. cfv

That's probably the best place I've seen. They say that you're not supposed to suction to the front window, as theives will look for the "ring" where it was attached:

http://media.www.diamondbackonline....Thieves.Targeting.Cars.With.Gps-3190871.shtml

Back