How-to: OEM alarm shock sensor upgrade

:
2001 BJFP MT
:
2016 BMYFS AT
Some Mazda3's are equiped with a factory alarm system. While this system is adequate and reliable for general use, it lacks any reaction from window breakage, impacts, etc. that is found in many basic aftermarket security systems.
This fact is also true on other late model Mazdas such as the RX-8, Mazda6, CX-7, and CX-9. Unfortunately, Mazda only released an accessory shock sensor upgrade for the RX-8 model only and neglected the other vehicles of this much needed system.

This how-to will show you how to adapt the (inexpensive) RX-8 shock sensor upgrade kit to a Mazda3. This how-to is intended for North American models only as other regions differ in electrical systems and parts availability.
see the complete how to at:
http://web2.airmail.net/theman/mz3shock/

this how-to is in no way related or copied in anyway from the one on the *other* board... it was written almost a year ago but wasn't released (per mazda directives) until now due to the fact that the "cat's out of the bag" with the how-to on the other board posted over a month ago... as stated in the how-to, use and installation of the parts stated in this how-to is at your own risk and is not endorsed or warrantied by mazda

The MSP's have this feature! (although, you have to go thru a "first round" alarm system failure first) Come to think of it, everything on the MSP has to go thru a first round failure first before it actually works properly. LOL

367 (mp3yellow

Last edited:
The MSP's have this feature! (although, you have to go thru a "first round" alarm system failure first) Come to think of it, everything on the MSP has to go thru a first round failure first before it actually works properly. LOL

367 (mp3yellow

first round failure....?

Update something on your status so I can respond (car/location/etc).

367 (mp3yellow

I did this install today. Many thanks to Edwin (TheMan) for the write-up. Very detailed and accurate. The only deviation I made from the write-up is the placement of the sensor. I stuck it to the bottom of the dash support bar with 3M heavy duty emblem double-stick. This placement allows adjustment of the sensitivity and visibility to the LED (with a mirror) without removing the passenger kick panel. I adjusted so a good thump with my fist on the windshield sets it off, but a lighter tap does not. This thing is really sensitive if you turn it all the way up. My garage radio (not even very loud) sets it off with the car in the driveway.

Attachments

• ShockSensor (Small).jpg
    ShockSensor (Small).jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 812
I know this post is a little to old, but please respond!

Does this OEM Shock Sensor work with the Stock alarm on a 2003 Mazda Protege 5? And does anyone know if the stock alarm worth it? I wanted to buy one, online new, but I believe it lacks the shock sensor!

Back