Center Console Removal Instructions (Includes Aux Jack Add)

dfskinner

:
2006 Mazda 5
These instructions are from another forum, please use at your own risk:

Before You Start - Disconnect Battery
1st Unscrew shift knob.

CenterConsole1.jpg

2nd Pull off silver plate under shift knob. Clips hold it on. I was able to use my fingers to just pry it up.

CenterConsole2.jpg

3rd Unscrew 2 screws exposed under shift knob plate.

CenterConsole3.jpg

4th Pry off black plastic panel by gas pedal and similar panel on passenger side. Both are held in by clips and were easy to remove.

CenterConsole4.jpg

5th Unscrew the shift console screws exposed under these panels.

6th Pry off silver panel around radio. I thought it would come off after the big black plastic piece that surrounds the shifter (shift console?), but I could only get the silver panel around the radio to come off with the console. I never did separate the 2, didnt need to. Note that the radio and all dash knobs come out with the silver panel. They do not need to be removed first

CenterConsole5.jpg

7th Unplug the radio, unscrew the radio from the backside of the silver panel and slide it out.

8th Plug in AuxMod where the cassette deck would go.

9th Run an extension jack of your choice from
AuxMod to where ever you like (see above posts for my location).

10th - Re-assemble and reconnect battery.

Good luck. Post some pictures when you're done!

Oh dats da bomb! Didn;t know there was provisions for an Aux jack. Kewl!

the title of this How-to is a bit misleading. I thought it was about removing the center console...you know...where the cup holders are. maybe this should be retitled to "Adding AUX jack". :)

the title of this How-to is a bit misleading. I thought it was about removing the center console...you know...where the cup holders are. maybe this should be retitled to "Adding AUX jack". :)

Changed the title a little, Would that work?

Mahalo for the info

THanks for the info... just got a factory mp3 changer and switched out the decks... only took 30 mins....

What would help me...

Is to see the project finished. That would help me "get it" and the steps you describe without photos.

Thanks in advance,

AW

yeah mostly all I want to see is what kind of plug is on the stereo for the aux port? and Where is it?

Back