Video/Sound Clip - Mazda5 with Mazdaspeed Exhaust

Thats really nice! Just like you said, it sounds mean, but not too ricey or loud. You guys are workiing on a similar system to sell? I am most impressed by the lack of harshness, especially with a header, which is hard to do.

Thats really nice! Just like you said, it sounds mean, but not too ricey or loud. You guys are workiing on a similar system to sell? I am most impressed by the lack of harshness, especially with a header, which is hard to do.

under load this system is pretty loud. above 65 mph the tone is low and mellow but very noticeable. i might go to a 2.25 or 2 inch versus a 2.5. believe me anything is an improvement over stock!

i could make systems for the car if there was interest.

sounds pretty good for what it is...

I'd put an exhaust on the 5, but I think the wifey actually enjoys the fact that ONE of our cars can't be heard 4 blocks away, and doesn't set off car alarms.

pshhhhhhhh setting off car alarms is what our cars are supposed to do.

it sounds great ken... post up some pictures of the welding & suchnot

damn soccer moms already think they are hot s*** with minivans.. now you are going to give them ideas!

(thought)

good to have you around to test out what parts can swap into other models.

damn soccer moms already think they are hot s*** with minivans.. now you are going to give them ideas!

(thought)

good to have you around to test out what parts can swap into other models.

it wasn't exactly bolt on - we welded in a few extensions. the 5 is basically a stretched mazda3 so while the path and angles of the pipe were the same, the length was not.

Awesome (cool), you can also see a hint of the suspension mods (2thumbs)

Your neighbors should love it too, LOL

those were my neighbors in the background yelling "blow off valve" and "race car" lol

IMO, that's pure sweetness. Perfect tone and level of raspiness... somehow almost has the flat-4 growl you'd expect out of a Scooby. Nice work! (thumb)

Last edited:
i may be selling the system in the near future and doing something else if anyone with a 5 is interested.

^^^ Put me at the top of the list please! Where did you source your Thunder header from? I read your thread but don't remember you saying where it came from. Pardon all my interest but my powertrain warranty dies in about two months and I'm having visions of IHE mods dancing in my head.

i can order thunder headers and if there is interest i will do a group buy for 5 owners.

How much is the header? And will your Speed3 system bolt to a factory manifold? Also did you ever solve your CEL issue?

Back