how to remove the side moldings off your MS3

buttdart

:
2008 mazdaspeed 3
i took a really short video to show just how easy removing your side moldings can be.

my car is extremely dirty, so what looks like a line of residue, is really just dust once i removed the molding.

i used some fishing line to get a couple inches loose. this area was the ONLY area that i had ANY goo left on the car.

get a firm grip, and PULL!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPKJuN4t8W0

enjoy.

:D

edit -

picture with moldings removed.
ms3rx8may172008021.jpg

Last edited:
did this with my 98 cavi looked great....although haven't done it with the mazda....I put chrome mouldings on instead looks great...

I got this done as well, but it left a very thin line of adhesive, which i can't get off. Even goo gone doesn't work. Has anyone done this on a black mica 3? I'm thinking it only shows on black since it is a dark color.

I have used Goo gone (home depot, lowes etc) a plastic bag from the grocery store (sorry no fishing line at home) spray goo gone on it, let it sit for 10 , then with the handle side of plastic bag slide underneath the molding and pull firmly, once enough is out just pull on molding firmly but not to yank the door off.

did this with my 98 cavi looked great....although haven't done it with the mazda....I put chrome mouldings on instead looks great...
+1 ! Shiny stainless spear looks nice on the Black Mica ! (yes)

DUDE you ripped that off WAY too fast.. had you taken the time, you could have had it off without ANY residue left.
I just did one (for a friend) about 1 hour ago.. took my time and it was off without any glue left , simply wiped real quick with goo gone and any traces were gone.

I yanked mine off last night. Used a plastic bag to dig under the moldings.

Little quick detailer and looks great!

i had about 1 inch of residue, thats it.

DUDE you ripped that off WAY too fast.. had you taken the time, you could have had it off without ANY residue left.
I just did one (for a friend) about 1 hour ago.. took my time and it was off without any glue left , simply wiped real quick with goo gone and any traces were gone.

Yeah it took me like 5 minutes tops to take all of them off and there was absolutely nothing left afterwards. Just washed the car and you could never tell they were there.

i just took off my side modlings, the mazdaspeed3 emblem, and swapped out my mazda emblems off for black ones all in less than 10 minutes. its all really easy

after 3 months of deliberation, I decided it was time to get rid of the old moldings. with 90* weather and after having both sides of the car sit in the heat for 30 minutes a piece, the moldings came off within 10 seconds each with 0 residue. in fact, the moldings were literally malleable to a point where I could bend and shape them whichever way I wanted to cause of the heat. car looks a lot cleaner now! next up is the mazdaspeed 3 badge.

My mouldings are coming off tomorrow morning. Maybe I'll stick them on my '71 VW bus to make it more aerodynamic so it can go faster, ha! 50HP FTMFW!!! (hippy)

So the 2.3 badges on the doors of my '08 s GT will come off without holes? Has anyone actually done this and can confirm there's no holes? I want to take them off and put one on the trunk opposite the Mazda3 badge.

EDIT: Sorry... asked a question. I guess that's not allowed here! My bad... I'll ask it somewhere else.

Last edited:
Back