How to add TPMS on 2008 CX-9 GT?

I just picked up my 2008 CX-9 (Canadian model) yesterday and found out that there is no tire pressure monitoring system on it. Are there any TPMS out there that can integrated into CX-9 nav system? Please let me know if you have any information on this. Thanks.

I really thought that TPMS was standard on the CX-9. Look at the fill stem on your rims. Is the stem secured at the rim by a nut? My understanding is that this indicates that there is a TPMS sensor mounted to the inside of the rim. The CX-9 doesn't report individual tire pressues like I had hoped. This is a bummer. There is only a light on the dash that will indicate low pressures once it goes below a threshold.

Craig

Personally, I don't want the TPMS that tells you which wheel has the problem.
Why? Because it complicates the system so much that you need dealers to rotate the tires for you (to register each tire to the TPMS again). That costs $$$.

Last edited:
Why? Because it complicates the system so much that you need dealers to rotate the tires for you (to register each tire to the TPMS again). That costs $$$.

Any decent tire shop (like Discount Tire) can rotate tires and register TPMS on any vehicle.

I surely hope you're right, but I have read many horrible stores on the web on the registering process.
I do my own rotation with jack and torque wrench. The last thing I need is one more step to register the tires.

I surely hope you're right, but I have read many horrible stores on the web on the registering process.
I do my own rotation with jack and torque wrench. The last thing I need is one more step to register the tires.

Two of my 4 vehicles have the TPMS that tells you the exact pressure in each tire. However, I don't have to worry about the registering process as I don't rotate the tires on either of them.

I had the feeling that the CX-9 does know which tire is which even though it doesn't have any visual feedback for the driver. Maybe I'm wrong; need to drag out the shop manuals and check.

I would have thought that the car's automatic registration process could tell which is which based on proximity to the vehicle mounted receivers (I assume each tire has a separate receiver? maybe not).

-Jeff

The sensors auto register. There is nothing you or the dealer need to do to the car to tell it you've moved the sensors. Read the owners manual.

Back