r0meua

:
2004 Mazda3 HB
Who has painted their Mazda3 engine covers? Lets see them

!cid_341.jpg

!cid_888.jpg

I'm also painting my brake calipers this weekend red

Last edited:
I used engine enamel (its high heat enamel) from Dupli-Color. But befor I sprayed i sanded it with a very light sand paper (to give the paint somethign to stick to). Wiped it down with a moist towel, dryed it off, taped off anything I didn't want painted. Sprayed with 5 coats, 1 min. rest between coats and let it sit over night.

I've thought about getting a rattle-can kit from paintscratch.com to match colors, but it's pretty low on the list of priorities.

I'll be getting a red AEM cold air intake within the next month so that’s when I'll clean it up and maybe paint the battery cover too.

guys can u help me? coz im planning to paint my valve cover , and i dont know what kind of paint do i have to put ? plsss.

ya the white does look good, hard color to keep clean though. With the time and effort spent its worth it ....nice job.

guys can u help me? coz im planning to paint my valve cover , and i dont know what kind of paint do i have to put ? plsss.

On your P5? Use high heat paint. Sand the cover, spray a metallic base coat, paint with high heat paint.

Check out the P5 section for painted valve covers. This thread has engine covers.

04 & 05 engine covers are different from 06.

I am getting this done. I already have the paint. Could a person with good photoshop skills make a few designs that I could use? I have black and red paint.

Painted Engine Cover

I painted mine with a can of Krylon fusion Pepper Red. The silver was done with a silver Sharpie paint marker.

imgt8tswet8h6r7ug9hi17f_350373.jpg

Don't be afraid to screw up either, you can just sand and start over again. I had a bug land on 1 of the pieces and I just let it dry and sanded it. After sanding it I added another layer and it came out fine.

Back