Backup Cameras

Anyone have a backup camera installed? If so which one and where did you mount it? I am wanting to add one to my Avic D3 but want it as stealth as possible thus some type of camera that I can mount on the back tailgate, inside the glass. I know I want a CCD camera...but there are soooo many brands.

Yeah I thought about the license plate thing...eh....would rather keep everything as hidden as possible. I park in a fairly unsecured parking lot (Airport employee lot) and don't want to advertise anything.

I thought I saw a picture where someone has actually mounted it on the inside of the hatch looking throught he rear glass.

Personally, if I were to do this I'd mount it in the rear soiler as high as possible, looking down (Yes, you'll have to cut your rear spoiler). I have a B/U camera on my 928 and it's mounted in on the license plate frame, which i find to be a bit too low to really be useful.

I have one its mounted on my license plate but i still dont see the ground as much as id like to, even though the camera is pointed down as much as possible, i run the wires though the license plate lights and then through the inside of the tailgate to my amp which acts as apower source for the camera and i have my monitor mounted on the left side of my dash board, right above the left air vent, i had to drill 2 holes into the interior to mount it, then you just simplly remove the monitor at night. it cost me 30 bucks for all this but i got it from a friend, new ones go for about 120ish

Back