Hardwire Radar Detector to sunroof wires: diagrams? tips?

skabaru

:
2008 Mazda5
I am planning on hardwiring my V1 into our 2008 mazda5. I have done the install on previous cars no problem, but due to my desire to NOT try to fish the wire from the extreme base of the windshield to the fuse box, I was going to just steal juice from the sunroof motor.

But I am not sure how to pull the light cluster out (I hate breaking plastic tabs by blindly pulling, BTDT).

Also, while I am sure I could figure out the wiring, anyone have a diagram? What colors does mazda usually use for power and ground?

[edit]
as I look at the dimming mirror install instructions, I might just go that route, as it will be technically safer, IE pulling off the fusebox. Not that the sunroof wiring can't handle the extra load, but it is the 'better' way. And like everything, with instructions it isn't that bad. Although I'll likely solder, as I don't trust those vampire clips.
[/edit]

Last edited:
Ok, not that this thread has that much interest, BUT I ran the wire same route as the mirror/compass instructions and it went without a hitch. I need to actually tap the wires but I didn't have the tools with me (at the other garage). But routing the wires was the harder part. Tapping 12v switched and grounding it will be cake.

Back