Mazda3 coilover kit on mazda5

tillyspeed81

Contributor
:
Mazda5
Hi, I read somewhere in here that the mazda3's shocks will work on the mazda5, does that mean I can use the mazda3's coilover kit on my 5? I was thinking about getting a set of tein from my frined with a mz3.I was planning on buying the Ksport for the 5, but I heard some bad reviews on the Ksports so not too sure now...

so...ordered up a set of the KSport pro coilovers for my 5....also, just to see if it works gonna go up to Santa Barbara(poke) and pick up a pair of Tein basic coilovers for a mazda3 to do a test fit. My friend said i could try them on to see if they bolt right in...so I guess we'll see this sunday...

i would have gone with a set of BC coilovers honestly, but the KSports will probably work fine

ddd

So I just want to know, if I ever purchase a set of full coilover damper system was suppose to be for mazda3 , will it fit mazda5 totally without any kind of mod?

I am so in to getting a set of tein superstreet if it actually work.

Let me know

for the most part this is correct. the 5 and the 3 share pretty much the same chassis. swaybars fit, struts fit, springs fit, brakes fit ......

sss

I know most of the mazda5 owener in here did just only lowering spring, my question is did anyone know the full damper system(adjustable strut with spring) will work?
I thought I better ask before I order a set then get stuck with it.

ddd

Thanks answer my question. thanks again.

I think one thing might be slightly different is the spring rate, but I can live with that .

installed the tein basic coilovers on my 5, bolted in pretty easily. took me a while to get it back together as I was more of Honda guy before this....so I would say yes they do fit the 5. Drove from Santa Barbara CA to the OC...seemed to ride a little better than stock... stiff and harsh ride said my wife...I didn't notice it too much. I'm installing the ksports soon, so I can compare them....I think the 5 is heavier, so the ride is a little different if not softer.
I didn't know that BC had a set for the 5. I wish I had known sooner... it was suggested to me to go with parts made for the 5 whenever possible, hence the Ksports....I was originally going with the Teins...but decided on a model specific part to be safe...but probably gonna regret the Ksports cuz they're made in taiwan and I heard they blow easily...sigh...

installed the tein basic coilovers on my 5, bolted in pretty easily. took me a while to get it back together as I was more of Honda guy before this....so I would say yes they do fit the 5. Drove from Santa Barbara CA to the OC...seemed to ride a little better than stock... stiff and harsh ride said my wife...I didn't notice it too much. I'm installing the ksports soon, so I can compare them....I think the 5 is heavier, so the ride is a little different if not softer.
I didn't know that BC had a set for the 5. I wish I had known sooner... it was suggested to me to go with parts made for the 5 whenever possible, hence the Ksports....I was originally going with the Teins...but decided on a model specific part to be safe...but probably gonna regret the Ksports cuz they're made in taiwan and I heard they blow easily...sigh...

i will hook you up with a set of the BC coilovers if you are interested

nice

That's a very good information.

I was either going for the tein basic or super street , now u are telling me it is stiff and harsh, so it make me think twice now.

I wanna to lower my 5 without sacrifice the ride comfort (My wife will kick my ass, if she notice any diff)

That's a very good information.

I was either going for the tein basic or super street , now u are telling me it is stiff and harsh, so it make me think twice now.

I wanna to lower my 5 without sacrifice the ride comfort (My wife will kick my ass, if she notice any diff)

go with a set of H&R or eibach springs then

coilover

I have one question please.

Full coilover for Mazda5
I am looking for a coilover set for my mazda5
I want to be able to lower my car without hash and stiff ride, my question is.

which coilover set have the softer spring rate

BC coilover?
Tein basic
Tein superstreet
K-sport?
aftermarket spring with aftermarket strut?

I would guess tein basic probably the best for my set up, but I just want to hear from the expert.

thanks

Ray
TopRacingInc

K-sports have not performed well on chassis dynos, i would not recommend them. if you are looking for a more streetable ride the spring and strut combination will always be the most palatable. the BCs on 3s have done very well, and are not too harsh of a ride. i run H&R springs on factory struts, got the right drop and the ride is good.

H&R also makes struts engineered for the 5, which is why i bought them over a 3 spring.

hh

Hello.
Thanks for the information.

I got one last dump question, I have always wanna to know what brand is BC?
Buddy club?

where can I get more information about this brand?
who carry them?
How much they are running for? (But really money isn't an issue)

thanks again

Ray
TOpRacingINc

Hello.
Thanks for the information.

I got one last dump question, I have always wanna to know what brand is BC?
Buddy club?

where can I get more information about this brand?
who carry them?
How much they are running for?

thanks again

Ray
TOpRacingINc

i carry them, they are a newer brand. we have all the specs on our site for each make and model. they are $1200 retail we sell them for $1000 shipped.

(confused)I have been waiting forever for my ksports...just want to get rid of them and I haven't even got them in hand....www.i2tuning.com anyone dealt with them before? I tried to cancel my order so I could get BCs, but they haven't emailed me back. Was going to file a claim with paypal, but the site says they have been having problems..should i be a dick and do it anyways? Was a lot of money to be screwed out of, so I guess I should...

Is there a difference between the mazda3 sedan coilovers and the 5dr? Just curious if the BC has different coilovers for the 3...

Back