How To: install brake pads

snooky

:
Mazdaspeed6 GT
my brakes have been squealing lately, and i figured i'd instal new pads and at the same time add a fresh coat of paint to the calipers and finally put on my summer rims!

does n e one know a link i can go for an easy how to?

what kind and size pads do I buy?

and if you have done this before what is the difficulty level?

thanks guys

Snooky~

Last edited:
after removing the wheel there will be 2 caliper bolts that hold the caliper to the bracket on the rotor. remove the 2 bolts and suspend the caliper with a wire or something to the spring on your strut (don't wanna screw the brake hose up). take out the pads and always remember exactly how they go back in. you'll need a caliper tool or a c-clamp to push the caliper piston back in. after that, throw the new pads in, toss the caliper back on, tighten down the caliper bolts and BAM! done. difficulty is about a 1 of 5, requires simple regularly used hand tools and little knowledge to get it done right. ebc green stuffs or rotora ceramics seem like a good deal.

just be careful what brake pads you buy. I've got the HP+ for my speed3, the braking is great but damn that pad is noisy. It's so embarass to pull up at the parking lot everyday at work =p It brakes but it really squeak!

hey snooky i renamed the thread for you so it belongs in the how-to section ;)

had a litle prob with the comoany i bought the brakes from, so i canceled teh order, and bought "satisfied ceramic pro pads".

has n e one heard n e thing about these? are ceramic pads better? i was told they wear down the discs faster....

I am running Akebono Euro Ceramic Pads. I have had them on for about a month now. They have very low dust and stopping power is as good or better than OEM.

hey snooky u should think of getting some steel braided brake lines as well. cant go wrong they help this car alot, way better response time and brake power with them installed.

soo its been 3 weeks now since i've installed the ceramic brakes, and i've been noticing that after 30 mins or so... of driving the brakes start to squeal, but im talking really LOUD! is this normal? Because im thinking maybe they just need to be broken in... I cant take the noise n e more though, its really embarrassing to pull up and have the brakes squeal sooo loud.

Back