chip??

phantomchick3

:
2008 Mazdaspeed 3 GT
hey quick question,

i've been looking into getting a chip for my 2007 mazda 3 but i don;t know to much about them. i called my dealership, they said mazdaspeed doesn't make one.

1) are they safe?
2) where in the world can i find one (i've seen the fake e-bay ones -- not thanks!)
3) how do i install it?

thanks!!

as far as i know, the only "chip" are the ones on ebay. best bet for improvement using a similar method would be a stand alone engine management. otherwise, get some simple bolt on mods and go for power that way

hey quick question,

i've been looking into getting a chip for my 2007 mazda 3 but i don;t know to much about them. i called my dealership, they said mazdaspeed doesn't make one.

1) are they safe?
2) where in the world can i find one (i've seen the fake e-bay ones -- not thanks!)
3) how do i install it?

thanks!!

DO NOT buy any piggyback or chip crap off ebay!

there are no "chips" for the mazda3 available, the only ECU tuning solutions available right now are full standalone ECU's (microtech, haltech). There are a few piggyback solutions that may be in the works soon though. until we get electronic tuning stuff released I would agree on sticking to bolt ons for now if you want more power.

snipertuning is coming out with something. WeaponR is supposed to be as well.

Nice, I've heard a little bit about weapon R, (all good things). I definetly was planning on staying away from the cheap E-Bay stuff, I'm afraid if I bought a "chip" off of there my car would blow up or something equally bad!!

Are there any good sites to get more info about chips? I really don't even know how they work. My knowledge begins and ends with, a chip tricks the ECU and magically gives you're car a good amount more hp.

Right now I have a cai, and catback exhaust, I was thinking about headers but from there I'm not sure what I want to do with my car.

Read the thread about ECU re-flash. Our car's ECU is smart as hell. The same amount you spend on a chip (if there is one) you can spend the same amount and get the ECU re-flashed. O and stay away from the ebay crap, that "chip" is just a resistor in a box. It will make your car's computer think its getting colder air when its really not and makes your car run rich all the time. it won't work on our cars though.

Back