Wierd differences

fam

:
10 Mazda5 GT AT, 10 Mazda3S GB GT 6SPD
I own 2 2006 mazda5 sport auto's. One I bought new July 23rd 2005. (1st one in ohio to my knowledge because I drove up to michigan the day it came off the rail) and one I bought used last December.

Here are the WEIRD differences.

Beep noises, the red 06 beeps REALLY loud if the passenger doesnt buckle up etc, goes all crazy, while the black 06 beeps very softly when the driver doesnt buckle up, and not at all when the passenger doesnt.

The red 06 driver door panel has one storage tray on the bottom.
The black 06 driver door has a built in cup holder in the bottom like a mazda3 does.

The red 06 guages turn dim to bright all on one knob.
The black 06 dims and brightens, but there is a 2nd level of brightness where it will beep and turn the center clock display on super bright and it will stay super bright even with the lights on.

Weird. Strange. True.

Not many people probably have multiple 2006 mazda5's, but...its true.

Last edited:
Jeebusm it took me a second to figure out your joke, and I have your answer.
Even though the black one performs equally to the red one. When the black one takes a race winning turn, its because of its athleticsm, but when the red one does the same thing, the announcers say its because it has a high IQ...and works really hard.

Jeebusm it took me a second to figure out your joke, and I have your answer.
Even though the black one performs equally to the red one. When the black one takes a race winning turn, its because of its athleticsm, but when the red one does the same thing, the announcers say its because it has a high IQ...and works really hard.

;)

It's a consipracy!

LOL, possibly. Some Mazda Japan workers may be laughing at this post...

fam, I know what the problem is: you should not buy 2 of the same cars, that is actually pretty weird-n-freaky, What are people gonna say? What about your coworkers? And your neighbors? (freak) ;)

Well, if it helps, I bought my 06 on July 31st 2005 and:
  • Both doors have a cup holder in the bottom (inside the tray)
  • Bell goes coo coo if passenger does not buckle-up
  • 06 bell is obnoxious, 08 bell is much more subtle (it is actually a bell sound, not a loud-frantic beep)
  • Dim knob does not have a beep for max brightness, but the 08 does. The knob brightens linearly from min to just before the max, and then it has a big non-linear bright jump when set to max (same with the 08)
  • The 06 looks sexier. Possibly the more mature, the better looking (LOL, now that is BS :D)

Its odd. Im gonna have to document it with pics and video to hush the possible nay sayers.

One advantage of having two similar vehicles. After the warranty it will be easier to troubleshoot problems. Parts can be swapped between cars for troubleshooting 'intermittent' problems.

Its odd. Im gonna have to document it with pics and video to hush the possible nay sayers.

I believe you (OK OK, my models are almost 2+ years apart but still)

One advantage of having two similar vehicles. After the warranty it will be easier to troubleshoot problems. Parts can be swapped between cars for troubleshooting 'intermittent' problems.

That is true, unless you are hit by a recall or something (boom01). I haven't swapped parts (yet) but swapping accessories like the cargo cover comes handy from time to time...

Well the black car I recently found out was a hertz rental car so maybe it acts differently because of all of the dukes of hazzard jumps it has survived thus far. You never know what a "renter" might have done if they refused to buckle up the passenger seat. :)

Ah well. I take it in stride, im fortunate enough to have 2 safe newer cars. I must be appreciative, but the 2nd I win the lottery im buying a gone in 60 seconds elenore replica super snake :)

My Silver 06 is just the same as your black one.
I have the cup (water bottle) holder in the driver and passenger door. It has the knob that makes the display super bright even at night, and it DOES beep when adjusted to full brightness, but it will only beep when the headlights or parking lights are on (try it and you will see that yours beeps too)
My car will try to beep me to death when i dont buckle up (i always buckle up it just takes me a few seconds too long sometimes), although i never noticed the beeping from the passenger not buckling up. I'll have to try that out and get back to you. Oh and my car is smarter than your car. :p

you could check the build dates on the VIN stickers, and see if they were built at different times. one could be a mid year re-fresh / upgrade model.

Back