Where is the (Mazda5) flasher?

slvrsleeper

:
2007 Mazda5 sport 5mt True Silver
(laugh) Get your minds out of the gutter you reprobates. I need to know where the flasher unit for the turn signals is. I installed LED bulb replacements in the taillamp assembly and now my turn signals go clickyclickyclickyclicky. SuperbrightLEDs.com sells the no load flashers but I need to know which one to get and where its located. TIA Ross

Not sure but most of the time, it is near the fuse panel. You can also try to figure it out by tracking down the sound.

s-okay, I got a pair of clip in resistors to add to the circuit instead, Thanks anyhow!

I noticed something interesting the other day.

If you drive without your seatbelt and the chime is dinging, there is no sound from the flasher. I'm guessing the dash makes the flasher and dinger noise?

Slvrsleeper, which resisitors did you get? How did you calculate the correct resistance to apply? And where exactly do you add the clip on cable?
Thanks.

The site I got the LEDs from, SuperbrightLEDs.com has them listed with the car bulbs. I believe they are 5 ohm resistors. They come with instructions and quick clip splices. Only takes about ten minutes to put them in and no more clickyclickyclickyclicky.

slvrsleeper, what year is your 5? I'm thinking of doing the same and was hoping the '08 won't have the same issues since the T and GT have LED tail lamps (perhaps only the brake lights now that i think of it....)

My 2013 MZ5 sport right side turn signal flashes rapidly
Believe its a faulty relay/solenoid - where is it - part # - tips on changing it?

Back