People who have thunder header

mazda32008

:
mazda3i 2008 M/T!
I installed my Thunder Header yesterday and noticed 2 springs to put on. I installed the down pipe with the springs and it sounded like a truck (there was a big ass leak). I took them out and just directly bolted it with out the springs. What were those springs for? were they supposed to be used to reduce vibration since the stock flex pipe also had a big ass spring?

When I had mine I put it on so it was bolt-washer-flange-gasket-flange-spring-washer-nut

I didnt have any issues with leaking. Just wondering if thats how you had it or not. No cats, thunder header, and vibrant exhaust was rediculously loud.

IMGP1983.jpg

no i didn't put the springs there i put them after the header but what diff would it make if i have the springs there or not. I will prob get the little pipe cut off for the o2 sensor and weld the piece where the o2 sensor screws in to the pipe. Well i can get a magnalfow system for pretty cheap and i deff do not want something that is loud and will make a cop say "tinted too dark", "loud exhaust", "HID's to bright", and ass lod of other things he can think of and give me tickets. could you post a pic of how your o2 sensor is on.

Back