Headlight bell

larryc

I have a 2008 CX-9 Touring without the auto headlights. One thing I noticed is if I leave the lights on, remove the key, and open the door, there is no chime or bell warning that the headlights are still on. I looked in the manual and it said there is a bell "on some models", but it didn't say which those were.

Should there be a warning bell on the on the standard Touring trim, or is this just a feature of the auto headlights? (Heck, every car I've owned in the past 10-15 years has had this feature - I am disappointed to find it not on my new CX-9)

Larry, I have the GT and count yourself lucky, if you leave the lights on it buzzes it's not a pleasant chime. I have the auto lights and it still buzzes when it's in auto and the door is open?????? I can leave the lights on, key off and open the door and it buzzes and the lights still turn off after a few minutes even when they are not on auto????? on my gm there is no buzz when it's on auto, but when it's on manual it chimes when door is opened. the logic is strange.

I just bought a used 2011 CX-9 and found the chime not working. Killed our battery and had to replace. I was just informed by the Mazda dealer that the chime was not included on the standard Touring trim. I find this absolutely ridiculous. I have a base model 2004 Mazda 6 wagon that has the chime, but the top of the line vehicle doesn't come standard with it? They also told me there is nothing that can be added to give that functionality. Insane.

Back