mud flaps

:
Mazdaspeed3
anybody try to get some mud flaps on their speed3? im getting some clear coat beating on my rocker panels behind both front and rear tires. i was going to get some 3m tape but i figured a small mud flap would be better to stop s*** from spitting all over the side of the car too. they dont make any for the speed3 but was wondering if i could get one from a reg 3 and custom fit them? but even then i cant find anything anywhere. i dont want to get them from the dealer because im sure it will be crazy expensive. any thoughts or comments or ideas or experiences.......?

something like this....maybe... http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/details/QQMazdaQQ3QQPower_FlowQQMud_FlapsQQ2005QQP416401.html

Last edited:
I wouldn't go with the one-size-fits-all from a parts house. It's gonna be nothing more than a flat piece of plastic cut into the shape of a splash guard. It's expensive, but the right way to do it....get a set of guards from Mazda and take a Dremel to them. They're cut to fit a 3i, so there might be some extensive work to be done but at least they'll look factory if done right.

I would highly recommend buying some bulk material from Rockblocker and putting it on. It's time-consuming but invisible if you take your time. I completely covered the bottom of my 06 Frontier with it and really liked it.

alright. i was originally planning on getting the flaps for the 3i and working them in. i have the tools to do it but just didnt know if it was done already. i might just take a trip to the dealer and see if they have any so i could test fit them and see how well it goes. if they dont nearly fit then i will just go the rock bloakcer route. ill let everyone know by the weekend if the 3i flaps can be modified easily to fit the speed3.

I haven't been curious enough to investigate, but the main problem is this: if the factory flap mount-points exist, they are occupied/blocked by the side skirts (at least behind the front wheel.) Not sure if the bumper design/contour around the mounting point is significantly different between sedan and hatch...

you can make your own.. w_wmazda___3forums___com/index.___php?topic=___99150.0___
take the (__) away...

GetAttachment-2.aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-1.aspx.jpg

Back