HID's

what type of HID's should i get for my 05 mazda3 HB and what are the prices plz.

Also, ive read stuff like 6k and 8000 HID's, what do the numbers mean?

6K or 8000k refer to the color temperature (in Kelvin) of the light the HID package produces. Stock HIDs are usually about 4500K, that's that super white color. 3000k is yellow, 6000k gets a little blue, 8000k are getting a little purple...etc. 4500K has the greatest actual light output and as you go up or down in Kelvin the actual lumen output goes down.
I bought a set of Apexcone 5000K for $130 I believe and I've been very happy with them. Easy install and they look great from both behind the wheel and in front of it.
I believe the kit you would want is H7 for the low beams and H11 if you want to put them in your fogs.

What's the H7 and H11 mean?

Is that just what kit is need for his particular type of car? And if so, where can you find a list of which is needed for which car?

yellow fogs break the fog best. thats the 3000k. colors like purple and blue dont do anything better than the 45-5000k for head lights since those are the best at illumination. other than that your looking at less visibility, more cop attention, and the just for looks....look. so for the best visibility and IMO good looks, 45-5000k for headlights, and 3000k for fogs.

Back