Pg Manifold Reference Point

ms3guy22

I know some people have recieved this mod and many people have had them installed or done it themselves. IF SOME BODY HAD DONE THIS ALREADY SORRY. So i'm gonna take pictures of how I did the install. This is not a how to but more of a reference point. I figure since I didn't have one, it would be nice to sharE. This install was just long and kind of frustrating! With the downpipe install I am at 5.5hrs of actually work time. The other time was spent drinking beer and eating. I personally think pb blaster and rachet wrenches made this go by alot faster. Can reallly think of anything else except thanks to pidass. He was helping tighting the nuts when I got tired, plus he brought the beer.
[size=10pt]The MAN[/size]
IMG_0239.jpg

[size=10pt]The CAR[/size]
IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0244.jpg

[size=10pt]The fuel[/size]
IMG_0243.jpg

[size=10pt]The Parts[/size]
IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

[size=10pt]The Work shop[/size]
IMG_0241.jpg

And the references: i'll try to put them in order. This will also be progressive
IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

I had a hard time removing it, I had to take a pry bar to the b****. I got so frustrated trying install the new one i said **** it. i assume the reason is because the turbo is supported by a stong piece of metal bracing. Enjoy guys, if anybody has a suggestions that would be great.
were i left the project for the night:
IMG_0259.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

Well i'm done. Not very happy with the manifold contacting the silicone coupler coming from turbo. In these pics are very tricks to taking out the stock studs and reusing them
IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

Here is the collector as asked:
IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg

IMG_0272.jpg

IMG_0271.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

Last edited:
What do you have to do to remove the valve cover? I've never taken of a valve cover before....

there are about a dozen torque'd bolts and half a dozen connectors to unplug... plus the injectors. the valve cover is the EASIEST of all in comparison to the DP and the manifold.

I had a hard time removing it, I had to take a pry bar to the b****. I got so frustrated trying install the new one i said **** it. i assume the reason is because the turbo is supported by a stong piece of metal bracing. Enjoy guys, if anybody has a suggestions that would be great.

COLD BEER FTW! (drinks)

What downpipe did you get?

there are about a dozen torque'd bolts and half a dozen connectors to unplug... plus the injectors. the valve cover is the EASIEST of all in comparison to the DP and the manifold.

Ya I'm sure it's easy but I've never dealt with removing injectors and what not.

how come it dosent look like the manifold and the turbo are going to line up is that the case or .... its the vary last pic you posted

How the F do you get the old manifold off!!!??? I removed all the bolts and can get the left side of the mani to flex but everything else wont even budge any suggestions ??

I would most def like a taller one that would be great. Its a cp-e downpipe. Actually thanks to PG I am quite happy with my car now.

Back