camber question

tillyspeed81

Contributor
:
Mazda5
Hi, just wondering if there is a camber adjustment kit available for the 5? I've seen the rear camber kit, but is there also one for the front or is that not a big problem when dropping the 5?

I think the main problem in the back is that it's nonadjustable from the factory. The front is adjustable, so it's likely not nearly as big of a deal. That's my basic understanding of it. I'm not familiar enough with the suspension design of the 5 to know if lowering will screw up the handling of it, but I think most people lower for looks anyways, so that's probably not an issue. :)

yeah I don't intend on taking my 5 to the track anytime soon....maybe if it were manual :'( I just mainly want to get rid of that wheel gap....I have a kit and am planning on getting 19s but I don't want to spend a grand on tires every 5 months...(drinks)

From what I understand, rotate your tires very often and you should be OK. I plan on rotating mine every time I change the oil, every 5k miles.

if you keep your toe in check, your can run quite a bit of negative camber without too much issue. One of my cars ran -3.5* front, another ran -2.5* rear...neither chewed tires too terribly.

They have a few tires on the market that have a harder compound on the inside edge of the tire to deal with a little extra camber. I read about them, but can not remember who made them at this time. If I run across that info I will post it here.

To asnwer the OP:
1) - SPC adjustable rear camber arms
2) - MazdaSpeed rear camber arms

I have the SPC, but I could have / should have gone with the MazdaSpeed. The SPC's are adjustable and Mazdaspeed are not.

Either way - if you lower a Mazda3 or Mazda5 - you should get new rear camber arms. Replacing tires is just a bandaid.

m.

Last edited:
Back