O2 Sensor CEL? Make this!

Scrump

This is for people with a header who get a CEL.

AutoZone, Advanced AP: Get the biggest looking one! plain!
Spark Plug Non-Fouler $5 for a 2 pack
36068346ej7.jpg

78838430ub0.jpg

85992540jw1.jpg

I used a dremel with the Tungsten Carbide Cutter Part# 9901 $8-$9

Just stick one in a vice and bore it out with the Dremel and carbide cutter. You can also use a drill bit.

Simply screw the 2nd o2 sensor into the hollow end and screw the whole assembly into the 2nd o2 sensor Bung.

FYI -- don't go for a state inspection or emissions test with this in or they'll fail you instantly.

I didn't admit anything : )

I wonder if i take it out, and take it to inspection if it will pass.

It doesn't throw the CEL for like a day worth of driving.

yea really why not go with it in? its not illegal is it?
some places just do a visual inspection and dont test anything,
so thats where im going lol catless midpipe = FAIL

yeah the place i take it to gives you 30 days to pass if you fail. gimme an hour lol. I do still have a cat in my exhaust a high flow, but a cat is a cat right?

Has anyone from Texas tried it? It would be awesome to not have to take the headers off every time I go in for inspection.

If you are in PA:

Emission Test Results
The following tests may be required for your vehicle:

County: Lancaster
Year: 2005
Vehicle: Car
Tests: Onboard Diagnostics and Gas Cap Check
Note: Brand-new vehicles and vehicles driven under 5000 miles annually may qualify for an exemption sticker. Ask your service provider for more details.

Disclaimer: Gasoline-powered motor vehicles with a model year of 1975 and newer with a GVWR of 9,000 pounds or less and registered in an I/M county or region are subject to an emission inspection. Actual test requirements based on make and model, drive system, vehicle weight, etc. The regulations in Title 67 Pa. Code, Chapter 177 shall determine the test type for any individual vehicle.

They do the CEL Check with their computer, they DO NOT however do a visual check. This will get rid of my CEL and let me pass! :)

all it does is fix the FLOW issue on the downpipe. essentially, without a cat or with inefficient hi-flow ones, the amount of exhaust flowing over the sensor it too great. this will back the sensor off the pipe and reduce impact flow. it doesn't, however, work if your system is ultra sensitive to the exhaust temp. there are guys putting voltage into the sensor while using one of these to mimic the temp of the normal flow of exhaust. I found this to work on my last car.

Yeah the bung won't solve anything, I don't know what you guys are talking about... All the bung is going to do is push the sensor out of the pipe a little bit and from my experience and other people's is that you'll still throw a CEL code instead of saying "warm up catalyst efficency below threshold" you'll get "Bank 1 Sensor 2 slow response"

You could move to Oklahoma. We don't have any emmissions test, or safety inspections for that matter. But, you would be in Oklahoma. (blarf)

thanks for this post....i just looked for the same part number that is on the picture you posted 42009

Back