CX-9 ECU wiring Diagram (INSIDE)

blueyo

:
Mazda CX-9 GT
Hey,,,

At last I got the CX-9 ECU Wiring Diagram from the Dealer here in KUWAIT I got it from them after a big fight refusing to give it out claiming that it's confidential bulls*** ..
I wanted the ECU diagram to:
1. install HKS SLD (speed limit defencer)
2. Deactivate 120km/h (75mph) noisy beep alarm
but i didn't understand a thing !! I was hoping that you experts figure it out and write us a guide

pdf file is large i've uploaded it on scribd.com view pdf online
and on rapidshare.com too.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2298661/cx9-ecu-diagram
OR
http://rapidshare.com/files/100104671/cx-9_ecu_diagram.pdf.html

I hope that would help guys that want to mold your CX-9

Attachments

• full-diagram-linked.JPG
    full-diagram-linked.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 14,507
Last edited:
Unfortunately what you've got is a section of the Wiring Diagram that is available for the public. Nothing internal within the ECU (I believe A.K.A. PCM.)

True enough this is all in the service and electrical manuals available from Mazda(purchased). Neither have been any help in my attempts to determine ECU pinouts. I have a HUD speed and RPM gauge which I cannot hook up due to the lack of this info. I have exhausted all attempts to get this info from mazda and other resources. Nowhere it seems is there a clear pinout map of the ECU as one can easily find in most shop manuals. Very frustrating looking at my display stil showing ZEROS after so many months...ARG!

Why isn't it possible to get the ECU pinout diagram for the CX-9 ? how did people get the ECU diagrams for their other cars? form the dealer?

is it true that it's a confidential info for Mazda to give out?
Do u guys think that one day we will get our hands on the ECU Pinout Diagram?
I hope people with networks can get these kinda info from Mazda for the public.
We have the right to know everything about our car.

Well, in the case of my Honda Accord Hybrid, the pinout was fully laid out in the service manual. I doubt that it is meant to be secret rather it is not information most service techs need. Likely as the CX-9 is around longer some upfitter will get their hands on this info and make it available..I hope!! I have contacted Mazda directly and there seems to be no help available from the manufacturer directly that I have been able to find.

This may not help with killing the ECU speed limiter - I'm pretty sure that's manipulated in the ECU software, not a hard wired thing.
But for the AZ-CX9 it might help him to have the pinouts for the ODBC II connector that's required on U.S. vehicles. The ODBC connector outputs the signals he's seeking.

Just a thought here, but couldn't speed and RPM be taken off the wires that go to the instrument panel? Finding the wires that provide that info to the instrument cluster, and the diagram for it, shouldn't be hard.

Unfortunately the instrument panel is microprocessor controled and does not have the signals required by after market gauges. This is the case with most cars these days.

Unfortunately the instrument panel is microprocessor controled and does not have the signals required by after market gauges. This is the case with most cars these days.

I understand what you're saying, but the instrument cluster would have to get the information from the BCM (not the ECU directly) on the CAN (vehicle data buss), in this case the low speed side (a blue/red wire from the BCM), so any aftermarket item would have to be able to tap into this network and read the digital data to function.

I have the US spec wiring manual and there are no discrete outputs for RPM and speed from the BCM - they are totally digital on a single wire.

I have a ScanGauge that plugs into the ODBC connector and all the data you mention is readily available for display on the ScanGauge.

I'm not sure if this will help, or complicate things for you.

Ted

can i get a new ECU then to replace mine that has all these limitations?

from where to buy a new ECU?

I understand what you're saying, but the instrument cluster would have to get the information from the BCM (not the ECU directly) on the CAN (vehicle data buss), in this case the low speed side (a blue/red wire from the BCM), so any aftermarket item would have to be able to tap into this network and read the digital data to function.

I have the US spec wiring manual and there are no discrete outputs for RPM and speed from the BCM - they are totally digital on a single wire.

I have a ScanGauge that plugs into the ODBC connector and all the data you mention is readily available for display on the ScanGauge.

I'm not sure if this will help, or complicate things for you.

Ted

Do you know if there is a Flash Tuning tool or a piggyback type chip available for the CX9?

I know for other cars a specific flash tune can alter, fuel map settings, quick shift gear changes, remove speed limiters etc.

I am pretty sure our CX7 friends are enjoying this type of tuning modifications with some pleasing results.

I understand it is easier to get performance out of something that is Turbocharged but I'm sure a well tuned piggyback type chip can work wonders on a naturally aspirated vehicle without putting the factory ECU and its properties at risk.

Do you know if there is a Flash Tuning tool or a piggyback type chip available for the CX9?

I know for other cars a specific flash tune can alter, fuel map settings, quick shift gear changes, remove speed limiters etc.

I am pretty sure our CX7 friends are enjoying this type of tuning modifications with some pleasing results.

I understand it is easier to get performance out of something that is Turbocharged but I'm sure a well tuned piggyback type chip can work wonders on a naturally aspirated vehicle without putting the factory ECU and its properties at risk.

Nothing that I've seen for this application. But, then again, I haven't been looking either. I have the ScanGauge as a means for monitoring fuel consumption and a few other things like voltage output and distance to empty data when I'm on longer trips.

Ted

Cool this flash sound super,, please can you guys search and find out how to flash the ECU.. I'm really stuck with the the speed limit !

please help out

cheers

Back