Mazda3 warranty Qs

shaggylemur

:
2007 Mazda3i Touring 42,000 miles
what mods will void my warranty? im looking into exhaust and intake and wanted to know if they would void my warranty?

so what mods if anyone out there knows wont void the warranty?

that's a hard question man... (dunno) i would say... none..
a dealership can find any excuse to bull s*** so they wont have to cover anything. i blew the ecu in my 04 frontier and they blamed it on the aftermarket Intake... (piss)

i actually just got off the phone with some mazda service reps and they said that it wont void unless there is crucial evidence that CLEARLY dictates whether or not the problem was caused by the aftermarket part

i actually just got off the phone with some mazda service reps and they said that it wont void unless there is crucial evidence that CLEARLY dictates whether or not the problem was caused by the aftermarket part

idk man... they said the same thing to me at Nissan... if i were u i'd just mod the car the way u want to! and they if and when something happens put it back to stock! (well what you can)

There is a law about mods and your warranty: Magnuson-Moss Act

It says that they cannot void your warranty unless they can prove that the modification is directly responsible for the failure.

An extreme example. If you mod the intake, and your power window stops working, they are still required to fix the window under warranty, since there is no possible way an intake can harm a power window.

That being said, it doesn't mean you won't have to fight with your dealer on it. There are definitely dealers out there that are much more mod friendly than others. So best bet is to call up your dealer's service department and ask them. Tell them what mods you are planning to do and if that will be a problem down the road. Just make sure you are talking to someone high enough up the food chain to actually speak on the matter.

Last edited:
I went to my dealership that sold me my extended warranty and they said that I would have to call the people that my warranty was under. Too much run around. Its not like anything is going to break anyways. Not with Mazda's workmanship.

I went to my dealership that sold me my extended warranty and they said that I would have to call the people that my warranty was under. Too much run around. Its not like anything is going to break anyways. Not with Mazda's workmanship.

i beg to differ

2002 VTCS screw issue
MS6 clutch issues
speed3 turbo seals

Back