exhaust

mtbikerfox115

:
2006 mazda 3 hatch
So I am lookin on installing an exhaust on my 2.3 5 door. I've narrowed it down to either the Borla, the MazdaSpeed exhaust, or the hks. I dont want the ricey sound, i know it isnt going to be real throaty being a lil 4 cyl. Anyone have any suggestions? or should i go for somthing not on my list, like the vibrant.. price is a lil factor though... damn being poor!

not borla thats for sure, and mazdaspeed is really expensive but high quality
hks would be my choice, sounds pretty deep, and mellow not ricey at all

I'd recommend OBX exhaust if your into the JDM look.

i'd say go with magna from TRUBENDZ def the way to go cheap and sound the s***!!! here is a vid. check it out! (i changed the tip to a borla tip) didnt like the tip it came wit...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp8u5FZ5-HQ
tried pasting it on here but couldnt...
it sounds way deeper now. and actually after i stiffined my rear motor mount with epoxy gel it sound even more deeper!!!

Last edited:
FrancoNemo how loud is it when you are driving down the road? I have that setup on a focus with a race header and it was to loud.

FrancoNemo how loud is it when you are driving down the road? I have that setup on a focus with a race header and it was to loud.

im goin to try to get a nive video sometime this week if not Monday afternoon. it doesnt seem to loud for me for a daily driver is nice and deep but not loud. it actually sounds way better now that its broke in that video was the 1st day i got it.
i will try to get the video and post it!

can you hear it in the car when you are going 60mph, and do you have to turn the radio up to cover it up?

can you hear it in the car when you are going 60mph, and do you have to turn the radio up to cover it up?

alright! just got to work. i was crusing doing 55/60 and u can hear the exhaust! u can only hear oit if u try to go faster but as soon as u keep it steady u can hear anything. the only time u can hear it is when ur on the highway doin past 80 but its not annoying!

Thanks for the update. I just don't know witch CB I want to go with. I like the fact that the trubendz comes with a hi fo cat and the price is good for the money. I am torn between 3 systems Trubedz, Mazdaspeed, and Borla. I don't want something that is to loud. I had a trubenz with magnaflow on a 2002 focus with a racing header and no cat. it was realy loud. I like the fact that the Mazdaspeed one wont void the warrenty.

Thanks for the update. I just don't know witch CB I want to go with. I like the fact that the trubendz comes with a hi fo cat and the price is good for the money. I am torn between 3 systems Trubedz, Mazdaspeed, and Borla. I don't want something that is to loud. I had a trubenz with magnaflow on a 2002 focus with a racing header and no cat. it was realy loud. I like the fact that the Mazdaspeed one wont void the warrenty.

have you seen prices for the mazdaspeed? i can't find it online anywhere, ive seen some clips on youtube, and it sounds pretty amazing... Do you know what the gains are about on it compared to the others? prolly all around the same i would assume

I have been told from 8hp to 12hp on most systems out there. I think that the trubendz with the hifo cat will give more. I just don't know about magnaflow. like I have said before my last setup was really loud. That may have been my race header not sure. As for the Mazdaspeed tipe I don't know what it really looks like. I have just heard that it is one of the quiets systems. I'm not sure about size. I have been told that the Mazdaspeed is only 2.25. I don't know what size I need, either the 2.25 or 2.5?

I have been told from 8hp to 12hp on most systems out there. I think that the trubendz with the hifo cat will give more. I just don't know about magnaflow. like I have said before my last setup was really loud. That may have been my race header not sure. As for the Mazdaspeed tipe I don't know what it really looks like. I have just heard that it is one of the quiets systems. I'm not sure about size. I have been told that the Mazdaspeed is only 2.25. I don't know what size I need, either the 2.25 or 2.5?

idk man i love the borla sound but my pocket ($$$) did not agree Trubendz was super cheap! and sound great (even thought i spent n extra 8- bucks on a nice borla tip bc i didnt like the trubendz one...)
most likely monday i;ll get more video clips!

sounds good you just can't tell how loud it really is on those videos.

FancoNemo did TruBendz put the Borla tipe on?

Back