J-spec 20Z black tail light

GreenTea

so, i had clear reflector tail before, but i just changed to 20Z black tail light.
WITH custom LED work!!! so, now they are full LED tail lights.

switched turn signal and reverse. so turn signal is now on top and little more lighting on reverse.

made tail light circle like Infinity M45 with brake like them too.

check them out and tell me what you guys think...
test before they are mounted on car.
n515083352_311748_6196.jpg

n515083352_311749_6444.jpg

n515083352_311750_6693.jpg

now mounted..
n515083352_397498_702.jpg

n515083352_397499_1076.jpg

from top...
turn sig, reverse, tail light.
n515083352_397494_8998.jpg

now with brake on.
n515083352_397497_299.jpg

Last edited:
OMG build these for me please.......you should do what jon does with tail lights...buy a set, then send in your old ones on trade so he can tint and sell again...works great...i would def buy a set of those off you!.

just wondering, woudn't it make more sense to do a projector lamp for the reverse? In my last car, a 2000 Daewoo Matiz, the reverse is also the rear foglight (in Europe not in mine) so it had probably one of the brightest reverse I had ever seen.

Is it the pictures, or would white LEDs be better for the reverse? But boy, these look much better than the 08 LED tail lights!!!!

they are white, just look blue in the pictures. Damn tea, I think you should sell these...Im totally down for a set....

(omg)

They look horrible so I'll do you a favor and I won't charge you a cent for trading them for either my regular 06 gray bezel or my regular 08 Sport taillights (you choose), I can also pay for shipping to mitigate your pain, LOL...

No, seriously, they look great, that is how the Mazda5 LED taillights should have been designed from the very beginning (2thumbs)

ya, they are white LEDs. i didn't even know there are cars with projector lamp in reverse...
wouldn't that be little confusing for other ppl?
imagine you are going down a street at night and there is a guy up ahead trying to park...

as for trying to sell these??
i don't think i will be doing that for few reasons.

first of all, unfortunately, i can't take credit for this awesome creation. good friend of mine in Japan made them just for me.
second, for now.... i like the sound of "this is THE ONLY SET in north america!! no one has them but me!!!"
and last... they will be EXPENSIVE and take too much time(don't forget these are hand made.) even if i was to bring them and sell them here...

how much would you guys willing to spend, if i can convince him to make few sets.
remember, LEDs are not that cheap if you have over 120 LEDs in a set.

ps
anybody interested in my old clear tail??

good friend of mine in Japan made them just for me.

Would your friend be interested in provide some consulting to Mazda in taillight design :D?

Mazda cars have great designs, but the taillights are just plain WEIRD (Mazda6, Mazda3, 2009 Mazda6/Atenza, CX-7, CX-9, RX-8, Mazda5 all flavors). Mine are yet to grown on me (boom06)

So rear side marker (red) lights are gone? Is that safe/legal?

How did you switch turn signal and reverse?

I'm assuming outer 12 red LED bulbs (dim mode) are for parking and 12+7 (bright mode) are brake?

Just curious if there is any info on how these tailights were done?

Are the pictures gone? - I'm having a hard time viewing them on my PC (tried both Firefox and IE).

Wish I had seen this sooner! Curious AHHH!!!

Back