Vibration at traffic lights

manicstar

I'm hoping someone else has experienced this. When i am in a lot of stop & go traffic and have to wait at traffic lights, the car has a vibration I can feel through the steering wheel & clutch pedal. Its a pretty strong shaking sensation.l

This only seems to happen when the car is very warm. The vibration is not constant, and only seems to be happening when i'm completely stopped. Clutch down or up, car in gear or not doesn't seem to make a difference.

No, haven't had anything checked yet. I was wanting an idea of what I should ask to get checked out when I take the car in.

I read that some mazda 3's have had issues with motor mounts and the problems described seem similar to what mine is doing. The only symptom of anything wrong at all is the vibration. No check engine lights or wierd things happening on the tachometer.

I dont know if this helps but i heard that you can burn out the clutch by leaving it in during stop and go traffic so i put the clutch in just to shift to neutral and then coast/brake to a stop with the clutch out and then put the clutch in to shift to first whenever the light turns green, and im at 45k and still running like new, what mileage did u say u were at again because in higher mileage cars problems like that tend to happen.

if your ac is on the ac pump can cause shaking in the car. try it without ac or heat. if it still happens i bet it will be conciderably less than your experiencing.

You never mentioned any other details about the car...
year? mileage?

When was your last oil change?
The engine will run rougher the older the oil is.

I'm hoping someone else has experienced this. When i am in a lot of stop & go traffic and have to wait at traffic lights, the car has a vibration I can feel through the steering wheel & clutch pedal. Its a pretty strong shaking sensation.l

This only seems to happen when the car is very warm. The vibration is not constant, and only seems to be happening when i'm completely stopped. Clutch down or up, car in gear or not doesn't seem to make a difference.

is your car completly stock???

Back