HowTo Program HomeLink Mirror?

nowtechs

I just bought a 2008 Mazda CX-9 and have the homelink feature on the mirror but can't find how to program it in the manual ... can someone point me to where to find this info or share with me? Thanks ...

-nowtechs

The programming was rather simple. The instruction card was in our glove compartment. I found it took programming the button a couple of times before it would open the garage door. I have a Genie and a Overhead garage door opener.

Try this...

Attachments

• HomeLink_Programming_Guide.pdf
    88.7 KB · Views: 12,785
Here is the simple way
1. press both of the outside butons (1&3) for 20 seconds till indicator blinks rapidly
2. press and hold the desired button to open the door while holding the remote a few inches away, it takes about 2-3 seconds then the light will indicate if it's done (slow pulse) or if solid you have to go press the learn button on your gaerage door opener then run back and press the button you are programming again (repeat the step again 2 more times) This finally worked.

Just a side bar...if there are other vehicles that have homelink in them..move those out of range of the "learn" button on the garage door opener, or you will go through an endless cycle of reprogramming each homelink device...don't ask me how I know.(boom06)

Just a side bar...if there are other vehicles that have homelink in them..move those out of range of the "learn" button on the garage door opener, or you will go through an endless cycle of reprogramming each homelink device...don't ask me how I know.(boom06)

Yeah--I learned that a few weeks ago too. Bought my wife a new CUV, programmed it, and had trouble with the other 3 vehicles. When I reprogrammed my Cadillac STS, wife's CUV wouldn't work. That was frustrating (bang)!

Here is the simple way
1. press both of the outside butons (1&3) for 20 seconds till indicator blinks rapidly
2. press and hold the desired button to open the door while holding the remote a few inches away, it takes about 2-3 seconds then the light will indicate if it's done (slow pulse) or if solid you have to go press the learn button on your gaerage door opener then run back and press the button you are programming again (repeat the step again 2 more times) This finally worked.

That worked for me also, although this time I cleared the mirror (holding outside two buttons) and went right to pressing the "learn" button on the back of door opener. I walked back to the car and did the "press for 2 seconds and release" and it worked. Also..be careful not to hold the the "learn" button more than say, a press,..it'll clear an entry pad, or the remote in the Mrs. car if you hold it down.

Back