Buying a 2008 Mazda3 5doors ! Any words of advise,before heading for the dealer tomor

Hello everyone!
I am settle in buying a 2008 Mazda3 5doors ! Any words of advise,before heading for the dealer tomorrow??! What are your favorite colors on the car?!
Thanks for any suggestions!!
David

deffinatly be prepared to walk away don't let them dictate price to you and pick the color you like best i really like the dark grey i forgot what the hell they are calling it now but it looks sharp!! what type of options are you looking for?

def. the dark grey i the sexiest color ;) that's y i got mine in grey...
lol actually i wanted pearl white but i got a better deal on this one! n i liked it n e ways so i was happy! dont let them sell it for u for 2 much!!! my buddy payed 21,999 for his i drove it out 4 16,999! good luck!
check out mine and let me know wat u think!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2948513

def. the dark grey i the sexiest color ;) that's y i got mine in grey...
lol actually i wanted pearl white ...
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2948513

I dunno... Black's pretty unbeatable for depth and shine...
Ghost.jpg

But what he said, the Pearl White's pretty sweet too... but only if you get it tinted. Silver, same thing.

Last edited:
I always liked the blue, but I've never had a car with a "color" other than black, white, grey except for my BMW which is red (but doesn't run yet).

I'm partial to black but the grey looks cleaner longer.

Yes, be prepared to walk out. I know you're looking for a 2008 but make sure you get all the extras you can BEFORE you shake hands and start to sign. Ask for floormats, extra keys and fobs, car cover, cargo net, t-shirts, polo shirts, car first aid kits etc. Whatever you can get out of the deal. IF they are at a good price (in your mind) then tell them to sweeten the deal with schwag! They can say no and lose the sale or give you a few little things you want.

Don't let them decide the price of the car for you by asking you what you need your payment to be. Tell them you'll worry about the payment amount after you've agreed on the price of the car. That's a fatal mistake that I see people do all the time. If you say you're comfortable with a $400 payment, they're gonna adjust the price of the car to get there, when all along if you'd haggled price instead of payment, you might've gotten the car cheaper, with a lower payment.

I like to go in with the attitude that I'm shopping multiple brands. Don't let them think that the 3 is the be-all, end-all for you. Make them work for your business. Tell them you're gonna drive a Spectra 5, and point out why the Kia might be a better value (doesn't matter if you hate that car...put on your poker face and lie). Taking away all their advantages and beating them down is the way to do it. Don't leave money on the table.

You need to do your homework. I checked this forum, the TMV pricing and forums on Edmunds and I knew exactly what I wanted to pay, give or take $50 and I wasn't settling for anything more or any other color but Galaxy Gray. I walked from 4 different dealerships before getting exactly what I wanted and at the price I wanted. They had to drive mine over 300 miles from Cleveland at their cost, not mine. Apparently, no one thought that a gray GT sedan with a stick would be a good combo. Most of the dealers around here didn't even have any manuals that weren't Speeds.

buying 2008 Mazda3 hatchback

I have a 2007 3 hatchback, Galaxy Grey Mica, S touring and I love it. Go to Edmonds.com and see what the retail is and what the cars are selling for. I offered 19,500 for mine and got it. Mine came with Goodyear RSA's tires and they were the worst tire I have ever owned. Had to replace them at 29,000 miles because one was split and the others were worn badly and terrible on wet roads. Try to get the dealer to replace the RSA's with a different tire to seal the deal. I went with Dunlap SP Sport Signatures and the difference is night and day. Don't forget to rotate the tires every 5000 miles because of the negative cambor on the rear. These have a sport suspension and the rear tires are toed in a little. If you don't stay on top of rotating they will wear on the inside.

Back