OK, who has bluetooth issues?

jabba

:
2008 MS3, 2008 CX-9
My 08 CX-9 GT, built around December 07, was delivered with Bluetooth not functioning properly: I don't hear the voiceprompts out of the speaker when trying to set it up. The volume is fine, the stereo is faded/balanced properly.

Dealer has mentioned that some of their new CX-9s are doing the same thing. Mazda is currently looking into the issue, but it seems to be recent. Dealer seems to think that it occurs when they put in MP3 capability at the port, since Bluetooth apparently works before that is put in (must be a software update they put in to get MP3 capability?)

Does anyone else have a similar issue? If so, is it resolved? How was it resolved?

My 08 CX-9 GT, built around December 07, was delivered with Bluetooth not functioning properly: I don't hear the voiceprompts out of the speaker when trying to set it up. The volume is fine, the stereo is faded/balanced properly.

Dealer has mentioned that some of their new CX-9s are doing the same thing. Mazda is currently looking into the issue, but it seems to be recent. Dealer seems to think that it occurs when they put in MP3 capability at the port, since Bluetooth apparently works before that is put in (must be a software update they put in to get MP3 capability?)

Does anyone else have a similar issue? If so, is it resolved? How was it resolved?

I just picked up my 08 CX-9 yesterday, I played with the bluetooth for about 30 min and couldn't hear the prompts either. Push the phone button, THEN adjust the volume up on the steering wheel. It seems that the setup voice prompts have thier own volume control after you push the phone button on the SW. Mine was set at the lowest volume from the factory and I couldn't hear it.

I tried adjusting the volume after pressing the phone button...nothing. The visual prompts work, but no audio. The dealer actually called back and apparently this is happening only on cars that have Sirius, so there is some sort of conflict.

In any case, Mazda has been working on a software fix for this that should be rolled out shortly. We'll see if it all works out.

you getting any new information about the bluetooth module? I have heard it's separte from the navigation. I had wondered if individually these pieces work, but when they integrated them they caused the signal loss or some conflict between the components volume levels. I say "call home" I've said it before and it's worked, but now I say it and it says "dial Zero" I have argued with dealer and mazda that $2,000 is alot of money to pay for something that doesn't work!! I would like it to work or my money back!! I feel like I have a battle ahead of me but I think if many of us joined together we could fight them to get the attention to these matters we want.

Here's an update for the archives: there was a wiring connection missing behind the radio. The dealer had to order a "kit" from Mazda, which fixed the problem. The issue only seems to happen if you have both bluetooth and Sirius...maybe they use a wrong connector at the port (or factory, whereever the heck they install it). In any case, it works perfectly now. Note that I don't have the NAV.

Note: I saw a post on Edmunds that mentioned this problem has existed since last summer, I guess it only affects an unlucky few.

I know this is an older thread, but I think I've got the same problem on our '08 CX9. We have Sirius as well, and get zero audio output from the Bluetooth system. My wife successfully paired my phone, after I gave up after never hearing a "beep," and it can be used to call anybody perfectly, but we cannot hear them. The recipient can hear what we're saying via the microphone in the car just fine, but we cannot hear what they say outputted via the speakers in the car.

I sent an email to Mazda's customer service, and mentioned that it might be a conflict between Sirius and the Bluetooth, and we'll see where it goes. Hopefully we'll get the same kit that jabba received and that'll fix our problem as well.

Back