Codes or Trip computer?

rweatherford

:
Mazda 5
I'm not sure what I found, but I was playing with buttons and found something.

If you hold "clock" and "set" while turning on the key you get into some type of test mode.

They all have a parameter. #4 shows "off", #5 shows "none"

Anyone have any ideas?

hey you know i went out and did the samething and i got something different mine came up as

TEST
01-ok
02-ok-ACU-EATU-HEC
03-Full screen (shows everything that can light up)
04-OFF
05-None
END

don't know what it means but i don't know if i want to mess with it.

Same thing as mine I just couldn't remember all the info.

Actually I think I had an error code on EATU or one of the others. It was U0116 I think. I'd have to recheck it.

have you tried to see if some of the ones did anything? like the one that says off to turn on?

This is what I found in the Europe service manual.

Input/output Check Function
An input/output check function has been adopted which performs signal input to the display and examines the
LCD according to the micro-computer built into the information display.

Check code
When the signal output part indicated in the table below is activated, the micro-computer performs selfdiagnosis
of the signal input to the information display. Also, inspection of segments and dots is possible by
illuminating the entire LCD.

Check code Signal output part Malfunction location

01 Information display CAN system communication error

02 Audio unit Communication error to signal output part
Climate control module
Instrument cluster

03 LCD

04 TNS relay TNS relay
BCM
TNS signal wiring harness

05 Ambient temperature sensor Ambient temperature sensor
Ambient temperature signal wiring harness

1st number is the Check code 01-05
2nd number is the Inspection display

I found more details but won't post all of it. The "on" and "off" can be toggled using the headlight switch if I read correctly, but has nothing to do with a trip computer. I just verifies that the TNS relay is working. Something to do with the rear tail lights.

What I really don't understand is my error code.

Seems that U0166 is Lost Communication With Auxiliary Heater Control Module according to web sites.

EATU = Climate Control System

I can't find anything about an Auxiliary Heater Control Module or the error code in the book except was seems to be a dead end. I'll keep looking later.

Last edited:
Do a search. I'm not sure on the CX-7. We haven't figured it out on the 5 either without the auto climate control or fancy rear mirror.

Back