Remote Start - trouble starting

daddyzoom

:
Mazda5
Just wondering if anyone has had problems with their remote start. The lights, radio and fan all turned on, the engine did not turn over. I tried starting with the key after turning off everything and after two minutes it finally started. I know this morning was particularly cold but heck, the cars only a week old.

I have the same trouble they replace the dna card and the main module and still in trouble. I will let my car sleep at the dealer to let them trouble shoot it when it's cold.

i have had repeat problems with the remote start on this car. its failed several times to start the car and locked in "on" mode where i have to disconnect the battery cable and reconnect it to reset the car so i can put the key in and start it. its bad enough to where the whole "brake pedal cancel" method won't even work. its twice completely discharged the battery by overrevving/overrunning the starter and continually trying to start the car after its started.

The remote start mazda installs (at least on my MZ5) is an open loop. It does not know if the engine has 'failed' to start. So it will not 'retry'. So it will go on to complete the routine, the setup assumes everything is 'all and well' except the engine did not start. If you wait longer it will end the sequence after few minutes. And you can try again.

For really cold day, and I'm at a distance, I start the car.. I see the light turn on.. if the light turns 'brighter and stays brighter longer' it tells me the engined had started. If I'm not sure, I just 'stop' the engine using the remote.. then I try again. 2nd try usually assures start up. 3rd will work for sure.

The remote starter I installed in my old buick is far superior than the one that comes with mz5.

Back