Fujita Cold Air Intake

NjCarbonM5

:
2006 Mazda 5 Carbon Gray
FUJITA COLD AIR INTAKE
Hi has anyone installed a kit in their M5 ,, I installed a AEM brute on my Titan truck.. so this should be easier.. I hope this get some more Zoom-Zoom in the M5 .. Ill let you know how it turns out.. 2006 M5 Carbon Gray Sport

NjCarbonM5

hey i got one on my M5 and it wasn't too hard, all i had trouble with was the bottom air box ,2 of the screws were alittle hard but i didn't take of the front bumper. it took about an hour and i have noticed a good amount of difference in the begining .but i also recommend a hydro sheild from AEM works great to keep out water. i got my fujita CAI from a place down the street from me and paid $160+30 for the hydro sheild. there website is www.speedconcept.com anyway hope that helps and here are some pics.

Attachments

• P1150230.JPG
    P1150230.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 261
  • P1150231.JPG
    P1150231.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 234
  • P1150232.JPG
    P1150232.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 278
  • P1150233.JPG
    P1150233.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 296
  • P1150234.JPG
    P1150234.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 267
i carry the fujita and i run it on my mazda5. installation was easy and i like it very much.

Thanks for the Info .. where did u say i can get a hydro shield from AEM .. do you a part number .. thanks (cheers)

you know i didn't see a part # but i can check for ya i'm going to go to speed concept tommorow i think depends on what i'm doing. you might want to check AEM's website

Bought mine before winter but I got too cold, too fast out here to start installing. So I'm waiting impatiently for summer to get it done....well, spring. A hydro-shield is a great idea. I didn't think the AEm one fit the Fujita model. Well, that's good. I'm gonna get one.

Hey M5's
I installed my CAI thrusday night when it was 30-35 degrees cold but not as cold Canada.. lots of snow their also.. it took longer to remove the stock airbox (if you can call it an Airbox looks like an AirMaze) .. replaced my battery with a high CCA battery.. reset all radio presets.. took it out for a Spin .. makes this MAV have a "SPORT" spirit now I like shifting it in manual mode .. i was worth the money ....

? has any one anything with Exhaust manifolds and Cat back exh..

Hey BlackOut got?
when you drive your M5 with CAI .. with radio off , windows closed ,, do you hear some noise from thru CAI..like a ticking or detonation something like that .. im running Royalpurple 5w30 CAI back to the stock muffler setup

Hey BlackOut got?
when you drive your M5 with CAI .. with radio off , windows closed ,, do you hear some noise from thru CAI..like a ticking or detonation something like that .. im running Royalpurple 5w30 CAI back to the stock muffler setup

You know.....I get the same noise from my Fujita intake.
I took it back to the shop and the guy told me it's probably some flap on the inside of the piping that is making the noise. The noise only occurs during moderate acceleration and does not get any louder as you accelerate. I also thought it was an engine knock/rattle.
Anthony

yeah I have the same problem, at low acceleration it doesnt get any louder went to the dealership, had the machanic ride with me and he told me that what it is that with the fujita cold air intake your getting rid of all the insullation dampners and you are able to hear everything the motor does.Including the minor noises you dont normally pay attention to. He said that if you were to put the stock intake back on it will solve the problem, but otherwise you are just going to have to deal with the noise, you kind of get used to it after awhile. That or you can push the gas down harder and you wont hear it as much. lol. sorry that I cant be of much more help. I also checked it out about 5 times to see what it was and I couldnt fix the problem, best of luck.

Bought mine before winter but I got too cold, too fast out here to start installing. So I'm waiting impatiently for summer to get it done....well, spring. A hydro-shield is a great idea. I didn't think the AEm one fit the Fujita model. Well, that's good. I'm gonna get one.

They make the bypass valve for any size intake pipe. You just need to cut away about an inch and a half of the intake. I had one on a CAI on another car and drove it into a small lake that had developed on the road thanks to construction. I didn't mean to do that, but the AEM did its job when the regular air filter was totally submerged in water. Thats 30 dollars to insure you don't loose a hell of alot more for the motor.

Stay away from ebay crap. Most are not bypass valves they are filters that open an area permanently in the pipe. The AEM and I'm sure the injen only open if the filter goes under.

Thanks Guys>> I thought I *&^% up the ENGINE.. (omg) with the radio back on its liveable...LOL thanks I also thought the muffler omit pipe reduce too much backpressure and i over rev'ed the engine . but thats what the Rev stop is for.. I disconnec the battery to clear the mem .. hope it helps the learning part of driving it like it was stolen biit ... Thanks again

Yeh I have an AEM bypass im going to install it morning...

I've had the fujita intake on my 5 for about 8 months now and have had to take it into the dealer 3 times for CEL problems. I have taken it off and replaced the factory airbox each time to avoid any warranty issues. I live in Wisconsin and we have had a record amount of snow this year (over 100 inches) and so it has been pretty wet lately. I am starting to consider removing it permanently due to the extra time wasted. I do love the sound and extra oomph at high RPMs, but not if it is going to damage my engine. Do those hydro shields hamper the air flow at all?

I've had the fujita intake on my 5 for about 8 months now and have had to take it into the dealer 3 times for CEL problems. I have taken it off and replaced the factory airbox each time to avoid any warranty issues. I live in Wisconsin and we have had a record amount of snow this year (over 100 inches) and so it has been pretty wet lately. I am starting to consider removing it permanently due to the extra time wasted. I do love the sound and extra oomph at high RPMs, but not if it is going to damage my engine. Do those hydro shields hamper the air flow at all?

you should just stop by your local autozone (or similar auto store) and borrow an OBD2 code reader next time you get a CEL. You can do this for free, don't have to take your intake off, and can reset the CEL at the same time.

They make the bypass valve for any size intake pipe. You just need to cut away about an inch and a half of the intake. I had one on a CAI on another car and drove it into a small lake that had developed on the road thanks to construction. I didn't mean to do that, but the AEM did its job when the regular air filter was totally submerged in water. Thats 30 dollars to insure you don't loose a hell of alot more for the motor.

Stay away from ebay crap. Most are not bypass valves they are filters that open an area permanently in the pipe. The AEM and I'm sure the injen only open if the filter goes under.
WIth the AEM Bypass valve you don't need to cut your intake at all. You use the bypass valve as the coupler for the throttle body to the intake pipe...

attachment.php

I can see that as long as it doesn't push the pipe into that bumper support (or whatever that is). Like on my other car the coupler is much smaller than the bypass valve in width. Pushing the pipe over a little caused clearance/mounting problems on my other car. Hard to tell how much space we have from that picture. That is however a hell of alot easier if it does work for people who lack powertools. (yes)

Last edited:
Back