Audio on LCD and Top Display - Why??

SydneyGuy

G'Day,

I've had my CX-9 for almost 2 weeks now and so far everything has been good. I do wonder about some of the design thoughts though.

One thing that has really been bugging me is why the audio information (radio station, CD track number and time etc) is displayed on the LCD as well as on the top orange display. Displaying the same information twice seems pointless and means that other information can't be displayed.

I find it annoying that I can't display the clock at the same time as the trip computer infomation (fuel consumption etc). If it wasn't showing the audio information there would be plenty of room to show the clock and trip computer info at the same time.

Am I the only one that thinks this is strange?

David.

Maybe a trade-off due to the Nav option? With Nav that's the only audio info display when the Nav map is active.

-Jeff

G'Day,

I've had my CX-9 for almost 2 weeks now and so far everything has been good. I do wonder about some of the design thoughts though.

One thing that has really been bugging me is why the audio information (radio station, CD track number and time etc) is displayed on the LCD as well as on the top orange display. Displaying the same information twice seems pointless and means that other information can't be displayed.

I find it annoying that I can't display the clock at the same time as the trip computer infomation (fuel consumption etc). If it wasn't showing the audio information there would be plenty of room to show the clock and trip computer info at the same time.

Am I the only one that thinks this is strange?

David.

Sorry for asking, but the clock is always there, so what trip computer info you want on display. As far as I know CX9 does not have a trip computer part of the software installed (I'm still wondering why?)?

Yes I suppose that might be it. Alas there is no Nav option in Australia (yet). Rumour has it that when the nav option is available it is likely to be A$2500-$3000. For that sort of price I doubt they will be fitting too many in Australia.

I like to have the average fuel consumption displayed all the time which removes the time display. I think I will just buy one of those small LCD clocks and stick it on the dash somewhere. It shouldn't look too bad.

OMG if its try I wasted $130. I did not know that, but I was looking for it in the manual. I bought external gauge that gives me all that info, but it can do much more then that. Do you know how to reset it before the trip? I will be driving home in about half an hour and I will check that. Thank you David.

To reset the computer statistics (each stat is reset individually) you have it displayed and press the INFO button but hold it down until it resets. Simple!

I forgot one other stat that it displays ... distance to empty.

The only ones that you can reset are average speed and average fuel consumption and as I said you have to reset them individually.

Back