nerf bars

sportdr

has anyone out there installed rampage nerf bars on their CX9? what length 70 80 or 90" and do you have a pic of it installed? the site which sells them lists a fit for the CX9 although i had read on a previous post there is not one available

has anyone out there installed rampage nerf bars on their CX9? what length 70 80 or 90" and do you have a pic of it installed? the site which sells them lists a fit for the CX9 although i had read on a previous post there is not one available

why? is the CX9 so tall that you need steps to get in?(dunno)

I've been over this with customers and on the forums. There are no bars for the CX-9. And universal bars are difficult to install (lots of drilling), and usually don't produce good results.

You are most likely SOL.

i double checked car-stuff website and it lists these running boards as having "no drill" installation so are you sure about the mount kit?

Looks like the new canadian website lists side step tubes for $650 bucks but show no pics.

Why side step/tube?
For small kids and older folks, CX-9 is still a bit high for them
to get into.
I have been trying to find some sort of side-step from MAZDA.
I sent them a couple of e-mails. They kept saying that it is
"under consideration". Well, they better think fast!
(before my kids grow up...)

I could see the use of tubular step bars as both an aid for my 5 year old and a deterrent for others to let their doors swing open. I always take great care when opening a car door next to a vehicle with big metal pontoons. They probably wouldn't look very good to me on a CX-9 though.

I don't think nerf bars would look very good on a CX-9. It's a crossover and not a real SUV.

side step bar for mazda cx9

have you gone to http://www.autoeq.ca ? they have side step bar for cx9 with lots of pictures and clear details. it shows no drilling is required and it is easy to install... i guess you should take a look at the site. and they offer free shipping in canada. very attractive...

Side step/tube/Nerf bar seems to be a standard accessory for CX9 in Canada, but not in US. If you go to mazda.ca website, they list side step/tube as accessory for CX9 (with a small picture). So far I have only found the following US sites selling side step/running board for CX9. They don't have pictures to show
erzperformance.com
wooddashexperts.com (made by blackhorseoffroad.com)
runningboardwarehouse.com
(search mazda cx9 on their sites).

have you gone to http://www.autoeq.ca ? they have side step bar for cx9 with lots of pictures and clear details. it shows no drilling is required and it is easy to install... i guess you should take a look at the site. and they offer free shipping in canada. very attractive...

If you look carefully, they use pictures of CX7, not CX9.
So far, I haven't found any pictures of CX9 with side step installed. I would love to see how low it gets since the doors extend very low unless the lower cladding is removed.

My 2 1/2 year old son can get in fine. Of course he has to climb up but who cares? I'd rather him do that than spend $500+ for a step. This is a crossover, not a truck.

cccx9, can you suggest other means to help 75+ year-old people to get in and out of the "crossover"? Maybe once you get old, you will understand the difficulty.

Some people like me do have elderly parents living with us several months a year.
My youngest is 7 year-old. He certainly has no issue getting in and out of CX9.

My 83 year old mother can get into ours just fine. I'd be more concerned about her slipping off of a slick nerf step trying to get a foothold on it because it's partially tucked under the car.

Maybe a slide out step that attaches to the door, instead.

SportOwner,
I am glad that your mom is in such great health. Some older folks (even in their 60s) have bad joints and can't make big steps.

Actually, she has joint and foot problems. My point is that I'm not understanding the exact difficulty people have getting into this relatively low car. It's not like a Forerunner.

Back