Just bought '08' CX9 - Looking for info

MR HB

I just purchased a CX 9 last wek. Really like the vehicle, however, I discovered an issue that I didn't know about til I had the vehicle a couple of days. When you roll down one or both of the back passenger windows the noise is unbelievable, as well as, the air pressure build up inside the car. It really does bother my ears. I've never experienced this level of noise or pressure in any other vehicle I've owned, so this was unexpected.

It starts at 35MPH and gets progressively worse as speed increases. I'm curious if others have experienced this problem too, and if so, is there anyhting that can be done about it? It was suggested by the dealership that I crack the sunroof, but I don't have a sunroof. I will frequently need to roll down the back window(s) as I have a large dog and older children that like the window(s) rolled down. This is really going to be bothersome if I can't find a solution. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks Mr HB

Happens in my car (non-CX-9) also. Cracking the sunroof does eliminate the "booming", but since you don't have a sunroof, you might think of cracking a front window, that also tends to help (i.e. crack one rear window, and crack one front window...I find that the diagonal works better)

Maybe those wind/rain deflectors that you see on top of the windows will help?

we get pretty intense air pressure in certain window configurations. Just try different combos of positions and windows

Most cars have a natural 'pressure resonance' with certain windows rolled down.

we get pretty intense air pressure in certain window configurations. Just try different combos of positions and windows

Most cars have a natural 'pressure resonance' with certain windows rolled down.

Yah, what he said. I play musical windows when my kids crack their back windows when farting. (butt)

It's not just a CX-9 thing, my other vehicle does it too. Dropping a window only on one side will prevent the problem. Tipping open the sunroof, if you have one, works too.

I agree that just playing with combinations and finding what works is the simplest thing to do.

Ted

Back