Not worried about 2009 Pilot

jabba

:
2008 MS3, 2008 CX-9
When I ordered my CX-9, I always had a nagging feeling that maybe the Pilot would come out and be spectacular.

Well, I'm not worried. Look at these pictures:
http://www.leftlanenews.com/honda-pilot-future.html

That front end looks terrible; as well, it's even boxier than the outgoing model. Of course, it remains to be seen how well it handles and drives, but it's definitely not what I expected. For some reason, I thought they would curve things up a bit and give the CX-9 some competition.

To its advantage, it appears that it will have cylinder de-activation, capable of running in 3- or 4-cylinder mode. That should save some gas.

Glad that I bought the CX-9.

The front of pilot looks ok, but the side and back looks too boxy.

They should make it at least similar to MDX to attract folks.

Is this the sporty and head turner pilot they were announcing?

Oh boy, they totally blew it! It even is more boxy and square than before, especially from the side, 3/4 , and the back view .
Well, certainly the cx-9 is in another league. Up front looks futuristic, but somehow dull.

Inside, the color combination is very appealing, the rear AC controls are very good as well as those gauges and the center stack. Dont like neither the form of the transmission nor where it is located (too much minivan like)

The lease on our 2004 Pilot expired in Dec, and we had the option of extending it until the 2009 was released (May 08). We actually thought about it, as we really enjoyed the Pilot, but also liked the CX9. Needless to say, we got the CX9, and after seeing these pictures, we are REALLY glad we didn't wait for the 09 Pilot! :eek::eek: and one more (puke)

Hey broomco, I ordered the same color/interior as yours: Galaxy Gray/Black. Was worried initially since everyone seems to have the sand interior. How do you like your color combination? The black interior seems sharp to me (haven't seen real good pictures, though), and should help with the kids. In my Audi, the silver leather gets dirty really quickly, so the black should help hide things...

Hey broomco, I ordered the same color/interior as yours: Galaxy Gray/Black. Was worried initially since everyone seems to have the sand interior. How do you like your color combination? The black interior seems sharp to me (haven't seen real good pictures, though), and should help with the kids. In my Audi, the silver leather gets dirty really quickly, so the black should help hide things...

The color combo is awesome. We had originally chose white/sand, and then we decided the white looked too plain and we were also worried about how light colored the interior was. With the black, dirt does show easily, but then it's just wiped off. My concern with the sand is that it would be harder to clean, that over time the dirt would stain the leather.

Good luck with yours, so far we love it, drives much better than the Pilot.

My concern with the sand is that it would be harder to clean, that over time the dirt would stain the leather.

That's what I've seen with my silver-colored leather (which almost looks like sand). Over time it accumulates black smudges, and all the Lexol leather cleaner in the world can't get the deep stuff out. Magic Eraser works wonder, but I'm worried that it abrades the leather.

Of course I could just wipe the leather once in a while to prevent the dirt from sticking, but the months seem to fly so fast before I think of it...

As ugly as the Pilot truly is, it will still out sell the CX-9 because there are dumbass people out there who would buy a brick as long as it had the Honda logo attached.

I'm just waiting for our MPV to come off the extended warranty so that I can get a CX-9 because it is really the best looking SUV available.
Anthony

Is Honda just trying to go after Ford buyers now?

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2008FORDEXPLORER.jpg
    2008FORDEXPLORER.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 397
  • 2009-honda-pilot-2.jpg
    2009-honda-pilot-2.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 403
Given Honda's styling for the new Accord, I was expecting something good from the Pilot. No cigar. Looks like a cross between a Land Rover and a Hummer. And what's up with the shift lever on the dash (bang)

I see the acura in the front on view, but no where else.
I see hummer in the rear view but no where else.
The side view reminds me of a pathfinder...

Overall ---> (headshake (blarf)

Same mistake that Toyota made going after the Pilot with the new Highlander instread of the new generation crossovers. Im sure it still wont perform or carry like the CX-9 or even the Lambdas or Veracruz. I bet Honda wishes theyd waited another year to start designing it. On the other hand, they are advertising the current Pilot as stylish and aerodynamic and sporty, so maybe they just have their heads up their collective 'you-know-whats'. Still going with 3 unusable seats in back instead of 2 comfy ones, too.

Last edited:
Back