How-To: Heated mirrors (See post 22)

VRMS6

:
2011 Kona Blue Ford Edge Sport
My VRMS6 sport did not come with heated mirrors. In this cold weather it seems like a worthwhile mod for my car so I researched on how to get this... Found that thru a vendor I could get the complete heated mirror assy for $105 shipped per side new. This would be a OEM part with the housing painted in factory color. I could not pass up such a good deal and ordered them today.... Will post pics when they arrive... Link to vendor for those who want to look into doing this upgrade.... http://onlinemazdaparts.com/ Jason is super cool to deal with....

Last edited:
I have an MS3 GT and miss the heated mirrors in my VW GTi. Florida has a TON of fog around where I live in the mornings so this would be a great add on.

Looking forward to hearing how this works out.

I feel like a little kid the day before Christmas... Parts will not be here till middle/end of next week.... Cant wait...

Do your mirrors fog up or something? I've never had any problems with previous cars and frankly don't notice the benefit on my MS6 GT. I certainly would not pay extra for them...the heated seats, however, are a different story. They are worth every penny spent.

They fog up alot over here. Also being further south we dont get alot of snow but do get the occasional ice storm. Heated mirrors in this area make sense....

^^^Yea thats the parts that I have on order..My Speed6 is a Sport... While it doesnt come with the heated mirrors the wiring is all there so its a plug n play option...

Oh I definitely have them...I've seen the snow melt off them when I don't clean them off....but I've never had a fogging issue before on any of my cars.

I have an 07 GT and I've never noticed my mirrors to heat up and melt snow, is there a way to turn them on/off ?

i live in montreal and it gets freackin COLD here if i didnt have the heated mirrors on my ms6 id cry!, deff a good mod bro, good luck hope it works out for you!

Well I turned on my rear defrost and it melted the snow off my back windshield but nothing on my mirrors which I still had to scrape, I think I'll be paying my dealer a visit to find out why this is as I have a GT but no heated mirrors.

Mirrors arrived last nite (yippy)...Unfortunately UPS was their rotten self and apparently dropped the box a few times in shipping:'((fu) ....Drivers mirror internals are borked...(bang) Emailed Jason at onlinemazdaparts.com and hes sending a new one to me ASAP (headbang)(cool)...
Now the wait begins again....(beer)

Mirrors arrived last nite (yippy)...Unfortunately UPS was their rotten self and apparently dropped the box a few times in shipping:'((fu) ....Drivers mirror internals are borked...(bang) Emailed Jason at onlinemazdaparts.com and hes sending a new one to me ASAP (headbang)(cool)...
Now the wait begins again....(beer)

aww man sorry to hear that i feel your pain, thats happened to me soooo many times, good luck, its worth the wait!

At least it gives me time to figure out how to remove the door panels....

Back