Biggest Issue - Clueless Dealer Service

Just got to 10K miles with my CX-9. In general, I relly like the car. I have had some issues, which the dealer seems incapable of fixing, or at least explaining.

1.- Car pulls left. Dealer is aware of TSB but says all is OK. Had to take Service Manager for a ride to show him that it is NOT OK. Now he will try to fix at the next service interval. Well see...

2.- Passenger side airbag is intermittendly de-activated with my wife in the seat (She weighs 105lb). Dealer says "No Trouble Found", but also states that no one at the dealer is light enough to reproduce the issue and can't explain what the weight limits are.

3.- Asked dealer to re-set rain sensing wiper. Not sure what they did, but they must have tried to pull the sensor off the windshield and damaged it in the process. Had to replace the windshield to fix it.

4.- Autolock funtion not always reliable. Dealer couldn't figure this one out at all. Experiance now shows that walking away quickly after closing the door will connfuse the system. If you just wait to hear the beep, then it seem OK.

Unfortunately, there is no other dealer close...

Just got to 10K miles with my CX-9. In general, I relly like the car. I have had some issues, which the dealer seems incapable of fixing, or at least explaining.

1.- Car pulls left. Dealer is aware of TSB but says all is OK. Had to take Service Manager for a ride to show him that it is NOT OK. Now he will try to fix at the next service interval. Well see...

2.- Passenger side airbag is intermittendly de-activated with my wife in the seat (She weighs 105lb). Dealer says "No Trouble Found", but also states that no one at the dealer is light enough to reproduce the issue and can't explain what the weight limits are.

3.- Asked dealer to re-set rain sensing wiper. Not sure what they did, but they must have tried to pull the sensor off the windshield and damaged it in the process. Had to replace the windshield to fix it.

4.- Autolock funtion not always reliable. Dealer couldn't figure this one out at all. Experiance now shows that walking away quickly after closing the door will connfuse the system. If you just wait to hear the beep, then it seem OK.

Unfortunately, there is no other dealer close...

Mazda's biggest problem in the US is their crappy service departments. The service is much better in Canada. Most of the dealers in Canada are stand alone Mazda exclusive dealers. A larger number of the US dealers are mixed in with 2 or 3 other brands with the Mazda being low on the priority list. Mazda had a 5.2% market share in Canada this year. They are making great vehicles, but I feel there dealer network in the US is keeping them from having the same success down south.

I feel for you.

I agree with you about the US Mazda Service - when I take my car in I have to have all the information or they claim they can't fix it?? or find a problem it's very frustrating to have to prove to them for them to fix a problem that is obvious to me. My pet peeve is the bad voice recognition on the navigation and when I asked for assistance from the dealer to get Mazda to respond to resolve or some solution they "ignore" - I basically feel I got a car with a waranty that won't ever be serviced properly. I like the car but hate the lack of service and lack of response.

Unfortunately this is true

Fortunately for me, I bought mine from a dedicated Mazda store so their techs are Mazda specific and Mazda isn't a sideline for them.

Even at that, when I had trouble with my AWD not working, and they diagnosed the transfer case as being bad, it was clearly noted on the work order that they had contacted Mazda technical support to assist with diagnosis of the problem. They told me right up front mine was the first 9 they had seen with the problem.

My point is that Mazda does provide tech support to their dealers if the dealer techs don't have experience with a problem.

So it really boils down to how much the dealer cares about customer satisfaction as to whether or not they'll leverage their resources to get a problem identified and fixed.

Ted

I noticed that too. As long as I stay by the door when I shut it, the auto lock works. If I walk away while shutting it, it's hit or miss. Now that I know this I simply stay near the door--not a real big deal once I figured this out.

My Cadillac STS and C6 Corvette also have smart keys, and they are programmed (by me) to auto lock after the last door is closed, +8 seconds. They both lock each and every time, no problems. Better design IMO.

Back