Mz5 Sway bar bushings- is this another issue?

Arok22

:
2006 Mazda 5 Sport
Hey fellas and ladies. I had a question for you all. Does anyone know if the Mazda 5 has issues or service bulletins out for the sway bar bushings? My Mazdaspeed Protege had the "clunk" which was from bunk sway bar bushings, but it fixed by the dealer for a newer version of bushings. My 2006 Mz5 has 18k on it and it "clunks" over bumps or on bumpy roads. I'm thinking the bushings are an issue like it was on my MSP. Anyone know for sure? The clunk in driving me nuts! (bang)

There is a TSB for cold weather related squeeks/ crunch/ clunks/ thunks in both the front and rear suspension. I had the repair done to my 06 5 last month and it cured it for now. Yes, they replaced the swaybar bushings and may replace the front control arms if needed... I can pull the invoice off of my repair if you need any further information. This has been discussed on many forums (including this one, I believe), if you have more questions about it.

just had our bushings done this week at 15k . I couldn't drive it LOL it was driving me nuts. Had the same problem with our T&C. If it happens again i will probably go aftermarket.

my 07 has this problem. we've been hitting 0 degrees or less here and, with the exception of the minor lack in horsepower ;), i thought i owned a mazdaspeed protege.

i'm putting hotchkis bars on the 5 this week, along with the camber kit to correct the effect of my H&Rs and GT Spec parts. i'll have this added to the list.

I’ve had this problem on my 5, particularly temps under 10-20*F. I had them replaced last winter per the TSB, it disappeared for a while and now it’s back. IMO it comes down to the lube (white lithium grease) that is applied which eventually wears off.

I’ve decided to just let it go and ignore it. The sound usually disappears or at least subsides in intensity after driving for about 10 minutes. It’s just an annoyance and nothing that’ll hurt the integrity of the car as far as I know. I’m also aware that this issue plagues other Makes/Models of car as well… we’re not alone with this. That’s comforting to me somehow.

Hey Captain, do you guys sell the Hotchkiss bars and how much are they? I'm thinking of going larger on the rear bar in conjunction with wider (225) section width tires in the spring.

Do you sell the rear by itself? I'm not sure I want to mess with the front bar, and the associated front suspension disassembly. Also, please post your findings on the best settings for the 5 I'm dying to know how it works out for you.

i sell the progress and cobb bars for the 3 rear which will work fine on thier own.

Back